BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good source for rebuild kit

5 posters

Go down

Good source for rebuild kit Empty Good source for rebuild kit

Post  67MercCat April 11th 2012, 8:07 pm

Hey I'm looking for a good complete rebuild kit for my 429 (1970 block) and I found a few but I don't know if they're any good. I'm not looking for anything spectacular, I just want to build the engine back to it's original condition for now. Any suggestions?
Also how can I tell if I need undersized bearings? (STD, .010 .020 .030) I'm really new to this so I'm going at a snail pace.
Thanks fellas

67MercCat

Back to top Go down

Good source for rebuild kit Empty Re: Good source for rebuild kit

Post  69F100 April 11th 2012, 8:47 pm

the bearing size should be stamped on the backside of the bearings on a rebuild kit any good brand names I would leave the off the wall brands alone
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 April 11th 2012, 8:59 pm

A couple of years ago, I rebuilt my 302 with a "kit" from Adney Brown. If I remember correctly, it had rings, bearings, gaskets, oil pump, and timing chain. 140 bucks. Cool It won't really be a kit, tell him what you need and you'll get it.

Adney Brown –Performance Crankshaftinc
His signature describes his services pretty well, I think:
PERFORMANCE CRANKSHAFT INC,. YOUR FIRST STOP FOR CRANKSHAFT REPAIR , MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOM CRANKSHAFTS /; ROTATING ASSEMBLIES ... coffee donuts and entertainment available at no extra charge ... shop phone 586-549-7557 lounge phone 313-873-6588

Good source for rebuild kit 81MustangRacecar351

The valve covers and air cleaner cost twice as much as the rebuild........ Embarassed
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  67MercCat April 12th 2012, 12:18 am

wow all that for $140? thats fantastic. Do you have an email for him or is there a website I can visit for more info? The only brands I know are Clevite bearings but are there any others or are they simply the best?

67MercCat

Back to top Go down

Post  cooter April 12th 2012, 8:38 am

Check with your machine shop to see what they normally carry for parts. Acl, clevite, federal mogal all make good bearings. I like silvolite pistons for stock builds, fel pro gaskets. When the shop grinds the crank they will tell you what undersize you will need.

cooter

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 12th 2012, 9:38 am

cletus66 wrote:A couple of years ago, I rebuilt my 302 with a "kit" from Adney Brown. If I remember correctly, it had rings, bearings, gaskets, oil pump, and timing chain. 140 bucks. Cool It won't really be a kit, tell him what you need and you'll get it.

Adney Brown –Performance Crankshaftinc
His signature describes his services pretty well, I think:
PERFORMANCE CRANKSHAFT INC,. YOUR FIRST STOP FOR CRANKSHAFT REPAIR , MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOM CRANKSHAFTS /; ROTATING ASSEMBLIES ... coffee donuts and entertainment available at no extra charge ... shop phone 586-549-7557 lounge phone 313-873-6588

Good source for rebuild kit 81MustangRacecar351

The valve covers and air cleaner cost twice as much as the rebuild........ Embarassed

Bearings are a little more expensive for a big block than a 302 however, Adney WILL get you what you need.
Performance Crankshaft ...Adney; 1 (586)549-7557

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down