BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor

+2
richter69
speedracer
6 posters

Go down

valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor Empty valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor

Post  speedracer June 13th 2012, 9:55 pm

i need to find out what valves you adjust when the engines at top dead center, & when you rotate the motor back up to top dead center when the #6 piston is firing? i know this is the old way of doing it but ive been doing this by using the balancer for a long time now and thats the only way i know how. i just forgot the sequence of the valves, & lost the paper i had the info on. could use your help. thanks!

speedracer

Back to top Go down

valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor Empty Re: valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor

Post  richter69 June 13th 2012, 11:04 pm

EOIC........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor Empty Re: valve adjustment sequence on my 520ci motor

Post  speedracer June 13th 2012, 11:26 pm

richter69 wrote:EOIC........
dont understand what you mean.

speedracer

Back to top Go down

Post  jc10000rpm June 13th 2012, 11:47 pm

on any 4stroke engine.... EO means (Exhaust Open) adjust the intake vale just as the Exhaust valve.. Opens., and IC, means (Intake Closing) adjust the Exhaust valve after u watch the intake go all the way down and just start back up ( starting to Close, in other words )........... this works on 3hp briggs and stratton all the way to Top Fuel

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

Post  NO FAIR June 13th 2012, 11:53 pm

When the exhuast valve opens and the intake valve just starts to close that is when you set the lash on the exhuast valve and then the same on the intake valve, when the intake valve opens and the exhuast valve just starts to close that is when you set the intake valve lash. I am sure someone will chime in if I am steering you wrong.
Good luck

Dave
Smile
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

Post  speedracer June 14th 2012, 12:05 am

jc10000rpm wrote:on any 4stroke engine.... EO means (Exhaust Open) adjust the intake vale just as the Exhaust valve.. Opens., and IC, means (Intake Closing) adjust the Exhaust valve after u watch the intake go all the way down and just start back up ( starting to Close, in other words )........... this works on 3hp briggs and stratton all the way to Top Fuel
thanks for the info. believe it or not, i have never adjusted the valves this way because i do not now how. never tried. im used to doing it off the dampner. can you help? thanks...

speedracer

Back to top Go down

Post  speedracer June 14th 2012, 12:09 am

NO FAIR wrote:When the exhuast valve opens and the intake valve just starts to close that is when you set the lash on the exhuast valve and then the same on the intake valve, when the intake valve opens and the exhuast valve just starts to close that is when you set the intake valve lash. I am sure someone will chime in if I am steering you wrong. Good luck

Dave
Smile
dave, your not wrong. i just never adjusted them that way. ive done them by using the dampner. im sure someone knows out there. thanks for responding.

speedracer

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 14th 2012, 12:56 am

richter69 wrote:EOIC........
with a big roller this is about the only way,IMO. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cooter June 15th 2012, 11:28 pm

when using the balancer, follow the firing order and adjust the intake and exhaust valves . Start with #1 at top dead center on the power stroke ( after the intake valve closes). turn the crank 90 degrees at a time

cooter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down