BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller Bearings

2 posters

Go down

Roller Bearings Empty Roller Bearings

Post  colormebad June 18th 2012, 2:32 pm

You have a pic of any kind or know the correct way the roller bearings are suppose to install ? I have starting at the rear drum , Black side of bearing facing out on all bearings except the one on the front planet, i have the black side facing the planet...I have the black side facing down on the pressed in sleeve in the fwd tci drum..All my other bearings that have a cut recess has the shiny sitting in the recess and black facing up...Greg said something about the bearing installed wrong will cut the machined surface where the recess is cut, but i dont see any sharp surface on these roller bearings i have...Every c4 that comes along have these bearings mounted different...My #9 is a stock thrust washer, the plastic pump washer is none roller , but all other bearings are roller..

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Roller Bearings Empty Re: Roller Bearings

Post  whitefield June 18th 2012, 3:27 pm

Black side toward the back of the front pump or black side up ! Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 18th 2012, 6:11 pm

Im not just talking about 1 bearing! Im talking from the rear drum to the front 6 gear planet...I know the black faces the planet and the black faces the machined tci sleeve...

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down