BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tci powerglide adapter

4 posters

Go down

tci powerglide adapter Empty tci powerglide adapter

Post  emptypockets August 15th 2012, 9:39 pm

i purchased tci's bbf to powerglide kit. was not impressed flexplate bolt holes 3 of them didn't line up. the adapter plate fit but studs for glide where already striped in plate before installing it. anybody else have problems with one of these kits.
emptypockets
emptypockets

Back to top Go down

tci powerglide adapter Empty TCI powerglide adapter

Post  Unleashed August 16th 2012, 1:28 pm

We just bought one a couple weeks ago it had one stud striped out. It looked like damage was from shipping not TCI. The adapter works i got one in my jeep and just put one in superstock truck.
Unleashed
Unleashed

Back to top Go down

Post  emptypockets August 16th 2012, 9:14 pm

Unleashed wrote:We just bought one a couple weeks ago it had one stud striped out. It looked like damage was from shipping not TCI. The adapter works i got one in my jeep and just put one in superstock truck.
I ran it till my glide lost high gear going back to c6 for now
emptypockets
emptypockets

Back to top Go down

tci powerglide adapter Empty Re: tci powerglide adapter

Post  Maxx Levell August 22nd 2012, 7:14 pm

I just bought a glide and one of these adapters today from an individual. What else will I need to complete the swap? Just getting the adapter plate from him...nothing else. Can I have the splines changed on my converter? I have another PG converter to use...but would then need a different flexplate with the correct bolt pattern correct? And I think a bushing of some sort for the crank??? Not real sure exactly what I need.

Also...I'm switching from a C4 in a SBF...302 based Man O War Block.
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 22nd 2012, 7:27 pm

I just have an old JW BBF ultra bell I bought used along with a stock case glide, its sure been puttin up with what I've been dishing out to it here lately. Seems I had a buddy that had the same issue with one of those adapter plates and the bolts turning and stuff.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  emptypockets August 23rd 2012, 6:52 pm

Maxx Levell wrote:I just bought a glide and one of these adapters today from an individual. What else will I need to complete the swap? Just getting the adapter plate from him...nothing else. Can I have the splines changed on my converter? I have another PG converter to use...but would then need a different flexplate with the correct bolt pattern correct? And I think a bushing of some sort for the crank??? Not real sure exactly what I need.

Also...I'm switching from a C4 in a SBF...302 based Man O War Block.
u will need flexplate with gm converter pattern or race converter and bushing theirs differant sizes for differant crank pilots
emptypockets
emptypockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down