BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !!

+9
dadof384k
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
Wheelie58
QtrWarrior
John Myrick
bruno
dfree383
c.evans
13 posters

Go down

Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !! Empty Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !!

Post  c.evans September 9th 2012, 1:33 am

Hey guys and gals,

Today Ohio Valley held a special NHRA 1/8th mile Top Dragster and Top Sportsman race. As you all know this is a qualifying deal for the quickest 32 cars in each catagory. In Top Dragster there were 5 Fords in the show. Krisse Lawyer, Frank Douglass, Darren Douglass, Scott Carmen and Bobby Small. After the first round we still had Krisse, Darren, Scott and Bobby,,,,,and at the end of the night Kristina Lawyer was the big Winner Exclamation Very Happy Her e.t.s ranged from 4.48 to 4.45 all night long (depending on whether she lifted or not).

In Top Sportsman we only had one Ford qualify and that was Mark McDonald in Jack Austin's Mustang with a 4.60. Mark won the first round and in the second he had to lift when the car got out of the groove.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !! Empty Re: Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !!

Post  dfree383 September 9th 2012, 3:29 am

Goooooooo Krisse !! cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !! Empty Re: Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !!

Post  bruno September 9th 2012, 7:21 am

congrats Krisse cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick September 9th 2012, 7:49 am

Congrats Krisse cheers queen
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior September 9th 2012, 8:19 am

Congrats !
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 September 9th 2012, 9:52 am

Great news! BBFs pullin' in high gear.....bye bye competitor...
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 9th 2012, 10:56 am

I was there guys...I've never seen such a driving show as Kristina put on!!! At one point she was probably 100 feet out with front wheels at least 5 foot in the air!! She was doing crazy wheelies every pass!! It was the most awesome performance I've ever witnessed in dragster racing!! It was a blast to watch,and Kristina stayed in the throttle every time,the only lifting she did was whompin the throttle at the finish line.That lil chick can flat out drive that thing!! Congrats to the Lawyers and Charlie ..What a masterful performance!! cheers And on another note,my good buddy Donnie Hurst from right across the river here had his dragster there(a dang chebbie) He was #1 qualifier and ran 3.88 @ 189 and change affraid Quite impressive too!! But ,most of all congrats to Kristina!!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 9th 2012, 11:29 am

Cool Deal,Congrats Krissy Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 9th 2012, 11:43 am

56Tbird wrote:I was there guys...I've never seen such a driving show as Kristina put on!!! At one point she was probably 100 feet out with front wheels at least 5 foot in the air!! She was doing crazy wheelies every pass!! It was the most awesome performance I've ever witnessed in dragster racing!! It was a blast to watch,and Kristina stayed in the throttle every time,the only lifting she did was whompin the throttle at the finish line.That lil chick can flat out drive that thing!! Congrats to the Lawyers and Charlie ..What a masterful performance!! cheers And on another note,my good buddy Donnie Hurst from right across the river here had his dragster there(a dang chebbie) He was #1 qualifier and ran 3.88 @ 189 and change affraid Quite impressive too!! But ,most of all congrats to Kristina!!! cheers king

Thank you Dan Exclamation Those are probably the nicest compliments that one racer can pass on to another. The Lawyers and I sincerely appreciate the kind words Exclamation

She was hoping she could race against Donnie, but for the first round she had the #2 qualifier (because we were #18) which was a 175 mph blown Chevy. We went over there before the first round and talked to that driver (Mark Harmon) and she joking told him that she would wave to him as he came around her at 175 mph. She cut a good light that round and won with a 4.48 e.t and then the game was "on".

It was a WILD night for sure with Tom Eliotte putting his blown hemi car on the guard rail, and Scott Carman burying his Ford powered dragster in the sand pits when he had brake failure. Even though Scott won the race, I was sure he was done for the night. However, after a mad thrash by Phillip Oakley, Al Peveler and others,,,,they cut the chute off of Carman's car, took off the busted nose and totally washed the car from the scoop on down. The sand trap was all wet from the Friday night storms and it was a mess. Anyway it was a miracle that Scott was able to make the third round call. He had to borrow Oakley's helmet because his own was filled with sand. Scott told me this morning that he couldn't see real good out of Oakley's visor and that's why he red-lighted in the third round.

We got to thank Mark McDonald for welding up and putting a wheelie bar on the back of Kristina's dragster this past week Exclamation She rode it hard from the second round on. Laughing She told me that she could feel the car get on the wheelie bar and that she just keep the front wheels straight and never lifted and eventually the car would set back down. In the final it got out of the groove, but she had treed the guy and was able to bring it back in the groove and still take the win light.

Now then Dan,,,,,about those free A-460 valves we were talking about. Wink

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dadof384k September 9th 2012, 6:32 pm

we had just one of those nights....... gail and i would like to thank all our friends that were there supporting us. with a super big double thanks to charlie evans for allowing us to spray one of his truly bad ass ford motors,mark mcdonald from dragsters for sale .com for all the chassis knowledge over the years and last phillip oakley we used one of his nitrous tune ups and wow did it work and was very predictable for dialing the car. it was a very late night kristina is just waking up from a well deserved nap so im sure she will make a post before long. and to dan hobbs what you wrote about our kiddos drivingg brought tears to our eyes such very nice words. thank you so much. the thrash that all the guys did on the scott carmen car was awesome we were in the lanes when the car rolled up, we could not believe it was there. they should get the 429-460 .com thrash of the year lol. thanks for all the kind words guys. todd and gail

dadof384k

Back to top Go down

Fords do good at Ohio Valley Top Dragster Race !! Empty Thank you!

Post  KristinaLawyer September 9th 2012, 8:00 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. This group is always so supportive and we really appreciate it. Smile

As previously described, the event was quite exciting. For those interested I've put all the time slip numbers on our website. Luckily Mark McDonald at DragstersForSale.com built a wheelie bar for us this week; it turned out to be essential because our good ole Charlie Evans engine was happy in the cool air. Also, thanks to Phillip for helping us refine our nitrous setup!

KristinaLawyer

http://www.LawyerMotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 9th 2012, 9:11 pm

Kristina, cool...wow...great job Exclamation That's getting it done Very Happy

It does seem that the "boys" forgot about Phillip's spray tuneup Smile

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports September 9th 2012, 9:26 pm

Kristina your whole team did a great job! Good to see you going rounds and thanks for the compliments and glad I could help.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 9th 2012, 10:14 pm

Cool great job!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down