BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump

5 posters

Go down

Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump Empty Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump

Post  512Fairlane January 5th 2013, 11:42 pm

Who makes a good pick up for a Kaase pump with a front sump pan? I have a stock pan that we made about 2" deeper. I have a Canton Windage Screen. I've used stock pick ups with extended tubes but we've had problems breaking the tube off the flange (even after tig welding).
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump Empty Re: Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump

Post  bbf-falcon January 6th 2013, 6:04 am

Are you using the Kaase pump made FOR the frt sump? If so I didn't have a problem w/mine in the Maverick.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump Empty Re: Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump

Post  512Fairlane January 6th 2013, 11:19 am

I am using the front sump pump. I don't think the pump is the problem. The stock pick ups are so large that when we extend it down into the oil I think there can be a lot of force on them during launch. I thought about adding a brace to it but thought there might be an off the shelf solution. Thanks.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 6th 2013, 11:39 am

The front pu's usually are stronger because of the shorter length than the rear,but the brace should eliminate the problem. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick January 6th 2013, 11:46 am

I'd add the brace to support as much of the tube as practical. Light guage tubing can be pretty brittle near welded areas. Eliminating most of the weight/vibration problem should do the trick. I just fixed a Windsor with the same issue. Of course, a new unit will probably already have the brace. Do you have the right main stud?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane January 6th 2013, 2:56 pm

The stock ones don't attach to a main stud. Anyone use a good aftermarket pick up?
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 January 6th 2013, 3:57 pm

My front sump 514 uses a slightly lengthened Milodon pickup that fits the M84BHV Melling pump. It was lengthened by slipping a section of moly tubing over the cut ms Milodon tube.
It has many years use and hundreds of passes with no issue.
I use 2 braces on a Melling pump, but the pickup is so short, I never felt that it needed any more help.
I have never seen one of Jon's front sump pumps, but if the housing is extra nice, the brace may be just for looks.
I hope this helps...
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 6th 2013, 5:30 pm

Keith,his FS pumps are the same as rear except for the provision for the frt pu.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 January 6th 2013, 6:18 pm

This the one that I like. Depending on your pan, it may not need surgery. It has proven durable.
Oil Pump Pick Up for Front Sump Pan and Kaase Pump 76C6B5BB-C849-4F55-9080-689CF18925F8-1085-0000016151670E77
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane January 6th 2013, 7:42 pm

Thanks Keith. That is kind of what I had in mind.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust January 7th 2013, 6:24 am

I've used a Canton one similar . 15-761 There is one listed here if its current maybe ??

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/store/blem_list1.html

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down