BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers

+6
66prostreetfairlane
muddog899
56Tbird
schmitty
dfree383
Wheelie58
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 Empty Re: BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers

Post  Wheelie58 March 28th 2013, 11:53 pm

It is good to hear that my creation made it ok,
I expect the mid plate to provide hours of enjoyment.
Thank you,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 Empty Re: BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers

Post  richter69 March 29th 2013, 8:15 am

good deal....... bump
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 31st 2013, 9:56 pm

Engine, midplate ,and tranny r in! Just need to weld the midplate tabs to the frame rails and bolt it up. The plate worked perfectly for me.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 31st 2013, 10:09 pm

amen.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 March 31st 2013, 10:41 pm

It is nice to hear that everything fit up nicely.
Thank you!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 Empty mid plate

Post  66prostreetfairlane April 18th 2013, 2:59 am

Hey keith,
We were able to get ours mocked up with the starter and it should work real nice.
Thanks Don
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 18th 2013, 7:45 am

Don,
Good to hear that the mid plate fits as planned. I noticed that nice custom front plate too. Being able to directly thread the water pump holes in the plate makes things nice and simple.
It all looks great.
Thanks,
Keith Fulp
KeithFulpMotorsports.com
678-458-2034
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  79Puller April 29th 2013, 7:03 pm

Is there any mods that need to be made when you run this mid plate ? Or is it a bolt in deal. I do believe I got your front plate already through Phillip doing my deal.

79Puller

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 29th 2013, 7:44 pm

79Puller wrote:Is there any mods that need to be made when you run this mid plate ? Or is it a bolt in deal. I do believe I got your front plate already through Phillip doing my deal.
My plate installs between the engine and trans like all others. It is direct bolt on to the engine/trans.
With any aftermarket transmission, converter, flexplate, starter combination, there is opportunity for tolerance variations.
If you already had a .100" thick mid plate installed, you just need to trim the plate to your frame width and drill the mounting holes to match the existing plate.
If you were running the factory Ford starter locator (sheet metal) plate, and no mid plate, my plate will be about .030" - .035" thicker and may require different shims for converter spacing. Each application needs to be checked per your trans/converter installation methods.
If you had no mid plate, you will need to trim the plate to fit the desired mounting location on the frame. Some builders weld their mounting angles to the top of the frame rail, and some on the inboard sides of the rails...all application specific.
Bottom line...it installs like any other .100" thick mid plate. Mine has the feature of locating the starter and on this particular model, sealing the lower bellhousing from debris. I also offer plates that are open for air circulation around the converter.
Call any time if you need more info.
Oh..If you got your front plate from Phillip, it is most likely mine. I hope you like it.
Thanks,
Keith
678-458-2033
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 Empty Big Thanks to Keith on my custom midplate

Post  460pulling May 16th 2014, 11:36 am

I just want to thank Keith on his awesome product and support. I sent him the stock Mcleod plate that was thicker than a stock one and he made me the best piece to do the job. He is dedicated to making sure its right and the way it needs to be. I cant explain how good it turned out so I attached pictures.
BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 IMAG0017_1_zpseyzxqaqt
BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 IMAG0016_zps0qgkszd3
BBF Mid Plate for Truck Pullers, Mud and Sand Racers - Page 2 IMAG0015_zpsperct4pd

460pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2