BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump inlet tube

5 posters

Go down

Water pump inlet tube Empty Water pump inlet tube

Post  racnrick February 27th 2013, 8:16 pm

Lem, Jon, or anybody,

Working on a 1995 Ford Taurus LX with a 3.8 engine. The tube going into the water pump from the lower radiator hose is corroded and leaking.
One Ford dealer out here (Seattle) says that the tube has been discontinued, another Ford dealer says it's availible, but so far he has not secured one. He says national inventory shows one in Wyoming, New York, and in a warehouse I think in Memphis, and a few others on the east coast.
Do any of you know if it is discontinued or avalible? I cant see getting one from a junk yard, as it sounds like they all have this corrosion issue. I think he said that 1986 thru 1995 is the same, it changes in 1996.
I think my last resort would be to try and weld on a new end to the tube and see if that works. A steel tube shoved into an aluminum water pump with an o-ring seal Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Water pump inlet tube Empty Re: Water pump inlet tube

Post  Lem Evans February 27th 2013, 8:40 pm

racnrick wrote:Lem, Jon, or anybody,

Working on a 1995 Ford Taurus LX with a 3.8 engine. The tube going into the water pump from the lower radiator hose is corroded and leaking.
One Ford dealer out here (Seattle) says that the tube has been discontinued, another Ford dealer says it's availible, but so far he has not secured one. He says national inventory shows one in Wyoming, New York, and in a warehouse I think in Memphis, and a few others on the east coast.
Do any of you know if it is discontinued or avalible? I cant see getting one from a junk yard, as it sounds like they all have this corrosion issue. I think he said that 1986 thru 1995 is the same, it changes in 1996.
I think my last resort would be to try and weld on a new end to the tube and see if that works. A steel tube shoved into an aluminum water pump with an o-ring seal Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Gotta part # ?

It could be obsolete from Ford and still be found in a Ford dealer's inventory.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 27th 2013, 10:11 pm

what Lem said.....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham February 27th 2013, 10:24 pm

Rick
Can it be welded up?Let me know Darrin

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick February 27th 2013, 11:22 pm

Darrin Gorham wrote:Rick
Can it be welded up?Let me know Darrin

Darrin,

That might be what I will have to try. I'll see what the local dealer finds out tomorrow, and I'll also get the Ford part number from him tomorrow too.
I picked up some new and smaller collets for my tig since you were over and it works great now. cheers

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchman February 28th 2013, 10:07 am

If there is on in Wyo. it at a dealer , if you find the part # and if it in Casper Wyo. let me know and I can pick it up and send it to ya
Kevin

dutchman

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick March 1st 2013, 2:57 pm

dutchman wrote:If there is on in Wyo. it at a dealer , if you find the part # and if it in Casper Wyo. let me know and I can pick it up and send it to ya
Kevin

Thanks, Kevin, but the dealer found one in N.C., it's suppose to be on it's way. The one he found in Wyo. the order was cancelled on their end, he said he didn't know why.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchman March 1st 2013, 3:39 pm

Not a problem I get a heck of a discount at the dealership here , so just thought I would try and help out
kevin

dutchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum