BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lifter question

2 posters

Go down

lifter question Empty lifter question

Post  ironbark April 24th 2013, 4:49 pm

I have just got my new 604 from the US and when it was on the dyno a lifter roller went to pieces.
this is a 15 to comp, profiler heads, cam just around 800 lift and 290 at 50, jesel roller rockers, on metho for drags only, now they have replaced the lifters with the same brand, if I wanted to go with jesel would I need the off set ones or just a straight solid lifter.
just a quick note to anyone getting an engine built, get these guys on this forum to do it, I DID NOT AND BOY AM I SORRY.
thanks

ironbark

Back to top Go down

lifter question Empty Re: lifter question

Post  Lem Evans April 24th 2013, 7:03 pm

ironbark wrote:I have just got my new 604 from the US and when it was on the dyno a lifter roller went to pieces.
this is a 15 to comp, profiler heads, cam just around 800 lift and 290 at 50, jesel roller rockers, on metho for drags only, now they have replaced the lifters with the same brand, if I wanted to go with jesel would I need the off set ones or just a straight solid lifter.
just a quick note to anyone getting an engine built, get these guys on this forum to do it, I DID NOT AND BOY AM I SORRY.
thanks

If you change to the jesel lifter I'd do the off-set deal ...are your lifters off-set now? lifter dia. ? You may have to change the pushrod lenght anyway..... the jesel stuff has a lower cup ht. than most other deals.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down