BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads?

+3
c.evans
rmcomprandy
Nitro Lew
7 posters

Go down

TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads? Empty TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads?

Post  Nitro Lew 24th May 2013, 22:50

I got a "KILLER" deal on a Trick Flow 4150 track heat intake today . I have SCJ heads and want to know what has to be done to the intake to make it work ? Can I just make a templet from the SCJ heads and open up the intake? Or is this something I have to send to Charlie to do ?

Thanks Lew

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads? Empty Re: TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads?

Post  rmcomprandy 24th May 2013, 22:51

Nitro Lew wrote:I got a "KILLER" deal on a Trick Flow 4150 track heat intake today . I have SCJ heads and want to know what has to be done to the intake to make it work ? Can I just make a templet from the SCJ heads and open up the intake? Or is this something I have to send to Charlie to do ?

Thanks Lew

There's a LOT of metal to get removed.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads? Empty Re: TFS track heat intake with SCJ heads?

Post  Nitro Lew 24th May 2013, 23:01

If its just opening up at the end to match the SCJ ports ,no big deal I can do it . I need to know if anything needs to be done up inside ?

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy 25th May 2013, 10:52

Nitro Lew wrote:If its just opening up at the end to match the SCJ ports ,no big deal I can do it . I need to know if anything needs to be done up inside ?

It is about opening-up almost the entire runner length ... a LOT of metal.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans 25th May 2013, 12:59

Lew,

It is what Randy said X2. Sell your "killer deal" manifold and reap a "killer deal" profit. Then spend the money to buy a TFS Mafia intake. It is worth it. If you could campare the TFS two manifolds side by side, and weigh them,,,,you will see and feel the big difference.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 14:27

Yeah but i am useing a 4150 carb and the mafia intake is only in a 4500 style right?

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty 25th May 2013, 14:59

Put an adapter on it.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 17:21

My thing is im trying to keep cost down.

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy 25th May 2013, 19:51

Nitro Lew wrote:My thing is im trying to keep cost down.

Then get a Victor.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 20:32

rmcomprandy wrote:

Then get a Victor.

I got this NEW tfs intake for less then a Victor !! I was also told that the Victor needs a lot of work to flow good. This is a nitrous motor so I'm not worried about getting every last HP out of it N/A.

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs 25th May 2013, 20:39

Nitro Lew wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Then get a Victor.

I got this NEW tfs intake for less then a Victor !! I was also told that the Victor needs a lot of work to flow good. This is a nitrous motor so I'm not worried about getting every last HP out of it N/A.

Pay me now or pay me later... Idea Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 20:42

Nevs wrote:
Nitro Lew wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Then get a Victor.

??

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs 25th May 2013, 20:59

Nitro Lew wrote:
Nevs wrote:
Nitro Lew wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Then get a Victor.

??

Pretty simple actually. You've got a manifold that you got a real deal on. Or did you? In order to make it work properly is going to require a lot of hours to make it right. Regardless of whether you can do it yourself or not, it still takes time. Or you could sell the real deal and apply the money to a manifold that will work better with a lot less labor. Hence, pay me now or pay me later. I'd opt to do it right the first time, but that's just me. Your time and your money... cheers
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 21:48

Think this is getting off track here ! Is the TFS Mafia intake better ...yes I know it is . If I was building a high compression 557 N/A motor I wouldnt even be asking this . However, this is only going to be a little 466 600 HP street/strip motor with a 200 shot every once in a will . I'm on a tight budget and already have this intake . I just wanted to know if I opened up the ports to match the SCJ if it would be fine ? Does it take time to do..yes . I injoy doing this stuff and my time is free . I was just going to open the ports on the intake to match the SCJ's and make it a smooth transaction .

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs 25th May 2013, 22:09

Nitro Lew wrote:Think this is getting off track here ! Is the TFS Mafia intake better ...yes I know it is . If I was building a high compression 557 N/A motor I wouldnt even be asking this . However, this is only going to be a little 466 600 HP street/strip motor with a 200 shot every once in a will . I'm on a tight budget and already have this intake . I just wanted to know if I opened up the ports to match the SCJ if it would be fine ? Does it take time to do..yes . I injoy doing this stuff and my time is free . I was just going to open the ports on the intake to match the SCJ's and make it a smooth transaction .

Not getting off track at all. Are you always going to have the 466" or are you hoping to build a bigger engine down the road? I'm just looking at it from a "room for growth angle". Honestly, it sounds to me like your mind is made up, go with what you've got... Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 25th May 2013, 22:35

Nevs wrote:
Nitro Lew wrote:Think this is getting off track here ! Is the TFS Mafia intake better ...yes I know it is . If I was building a high compression 557 N/A motor I wouldnt even be asking this . However, this is only going to be a little 466 600 HP street/strip motor with a 200 shot every once in a will . I'm on a tight budget and already have this intake . I just wanted to know if I opened up the ports to match the SCJ if it would be fine ? Does it take time to do..yes . I injoy doing this stuff and my time is free . I was just going to open the ports on the intake to match the SCJ's and make it a smooth transaction .

Not getting off track at all. Are you always going to have the 466" or are you hoping to build a bigger engine down the road? I'm just looking at it from a "room for growth angle". Honestly, it sounds to me like your mind is made up, go with what you've got... Cool

Got two kids going into collage at the same time so this is it..lol This motor I'm building is enough for me ! I had a little truck bottom end 460 a few years back that ran 10.0's and 6.20 in the heat all day on motor . If I had the right converter or could have shifted higher it would have gone 9's This motor now will have more compression, build bottom end and a 200 shot . The only differance is I now have SCJ heads and not TFS street heads , everything else will be the same ! I dont see any reason why it will not run 9's on motor and 8's on the gas ! This will be more then enough for me Very Happy

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 25th May 2013, 23:50

So port match it and run it.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug 26th May 2013, 06:55

Lew if you are Changing from TFS Streets and going to SCJs you do know the valve pierce points and angles are Different don't you?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Lew 26th May 2013, 11:07

the Coug wrote:Lew if you are Changing from TFS Streets and going to SCJs you do know the valve pierce points and angles are Different don't you?

Yes ... This is a new motor I'm building from scratch. It has pistons that are for the SCJ heads .

Nitro Lew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down