BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter?

2 posters

Go down

How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter? Empty How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter?

Post  bigjohn2007 June 4th 2013, 5:37 pm

Forgot how to set the linkage up on the side of the pg.Have 4 hole on the bracket which one do i use and what postion does the shifter need to be?
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter? Empty Re: How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter?

Post  maverick June 5th 2013, 11:16 am

You'll have to find out for yourself which is the correct hole to use. Try them all until you find the one which allows each of the five detents (P, R, N, D, L,) in the trans to center properly. Personally, I align mine in the low gear position, then feel each stop, making sure it engages correctly in Park. In my case (with a B&M shifter and a J.W.'s 'glide) I have to make my own trans lever and put the hole where it belongs. But with 4 holes to choose from, you'll probably find one that works OK.

BTW...don't try to drive it 'til you're sure all 5 positions work correctly.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter? Empty Re: How to set linkage on PG with TCI shifter?

Post  bigjohn2007 June 5th 2013, 6:54 pm

Thanks Maverick
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down