BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victor intakes on stock heads

2 posters

Go down

Victor intakes on stock heads Empty Victor intakes on stock heads

Post  BigRigTech June 21st 2013, 9:59 pm

Would it be worth the gain for me to switch from a port-o-sonic to a victor intake on a mildly ported set of D20E or DOVE heads? Right now I have a port-o-sonic with a custom 4 hole spacer made by a maritime engine building/drag racing legend - Allyn Armstrong. I have some DOVE heads that I hope to port myself this winter before I send them to A&J for a flow test and seat/guide replacement along with some stainless valves. Hoping to hear your findings from your swaps.Very Happy
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Victor intakes on stock heads Empty Re: Victor intakes on stock heads

Post  Paul Kane June 22nd 2013, 3:29 pm

Depends what you are building, where you want power, whether both manifolds have the same carb flange size (4150/4500) or not, etc. Generally, the Victor by overall design should offer up more horsepower on the dyno.

Which intake you ultimately use plays a part on how you port the intake runners on the D0VE heads.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech June 22nd 2013, 4:08 pm

I haven't seen a victor up close, I was just wondering if there would be too much of a port size miss match. I guess what asking is this: what is the HP limit of a port-o-sonic? There were 217 cars at the track last weekend, I had the only big block Ford there. Therefore I have to ask for guidance here as there is no one to compare combo's with here. To top it off the best engine shop in the maritimes are all Chevy racers. If my DOVE heads are scrap I'll port the PI that are on the car now some more most likely.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down