BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question

3 posters

Go down

Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question Empty Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question

Post  67MercCat October 2nd 2013, 1:17 am

Hey Guys, I found this old Offenhauser 5871 intake in my buddies shop and I was wondering if any of you knew what kind of carbs mount to this thing and where to get them. I can't seem to get any info on it and it's way before my time. I like that its almost a straight shot to the heads and figured I could use it. All of the usual performance parts websites are pretty much useless to me so far. Any info would be appreciated, heres a pic Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question 00d0d_dT17v8BWf0a_600x450

67MercCat

Back to top Go down

Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question Empty Re: Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question

Post  bbf-falcon October 2nd 2013, 1:44 am

Thats the bottom half of a tunnel ram. You need to find the top half.Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question Empty Re: Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question

Post  Paul Kane October 2nd 2013, 1:47 am

What you have there is the bottom half of an Offenhauser tunnel ram intake manifold.  They are made up of the lower intake (which you have) and the upper plenum.  When the two halves are bolted together, the intake manifold is complete and looks like this:

Old school Offenhauser Intake Carb question Attachment
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  67MercCat October 2nd 2013, 10:07 pm

Ah ok makes sense, is it worth the effort? I mean I can get the upper half from summit here....http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ofy-6102/overview/make/ford   but the price seems like it's hardly worth if it if isnt going to put out the flow that I want, plus the its not even the right one for my engine (429).  I'll ask if he has the upper kicking around somewhere in the garage.. thanks fellas

67MercCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down