BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-460 Block Oiling Diagram

2 posters

Go down

A-460  Block Oiling Diagram Empty A-460 Block Oiling Diagram

Post  Tore October 14th 2013, 9:51 am

Does anyone know where I can get an A-460 oiling diagram off the net. I googled it but nothing popped up.

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

A-460  Block Oiling Diagram Empty Re: A-460 Block Oiling Diagram

Post  bbf-falcon October 14th 2013, 7:58 pm

I have it at work Tore,I will try to get it to you tomorrow.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Techline 1-800-367-3788 Page 3 of 3 IS-1850-0295
Factory Ford shop manuals are available from Helm Publications, 1-800-782-4356
4. The A460 block has three oil galleries. The main oil gallery is the lower right (passenger side) one. If
mechanical lifters and roller rocker arms are used, the oil supply to the lifter galleries can be restricted. This
is accomplished by drilling and de-burring a .060" (minimum) diameter hole in a ¼" NPTF pipe plug and
installing it in the right side lifter gallery at the front. A ¼" NPTF (solid) pipe plug must be installed at the
rear of the RH side lifter gallery. The gallery has been tapped front and rear to accept these plugs. Make
sure the 3/8 NPTF oil gallery end plugs do not restrict oil passages.
5. Production style pans will require modification to clear the 4-bolt main caps (.050" minimum).
6. The simplest way to plumb a dry sump oiling system into the block is by installing a #12AN fitting with a
#1572-12 Weaver Bros. "O" ring in the filter mounting hole. The chamfer has been machined to properly
compress the "O" ring. Plug the oil passage from the oil pump mounting pad with a ¼" NPTF pipe plug.
(you will have to tap this hole)
7. Hemi style heads may require modification of valley wall for pushrod clearance.
8. Verify head gasket/block/cylinder head steam hole locations. Modify as necessary.
9. Use sealer on top LH bell housing to block bolt.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 15th 2013, 8:23 am

Thanks Rick but I found one.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content