BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil slinger or not

3 posters

Go down

Oil slinger or not  Empty Oil slinger or not

Post  Super Snake Steve December 17th 2013, 9:38 pm

Hey I read a article on the web mustang monthly on how to bulid a 429scj by Jim smart don't know much about him my question is he installed a double roller timing chain and left the oil slinger off the crank. I just so happen to be installing a ford B429 double timing chain and before I leave the oil slinger off ID like to here it here from a professional engine Builder and not from something I read and don't know how reliable the info is that I read so guys oil singer or no oil slinger as always thanks you guys have helped me out so much on this site

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Oil slinger or not  Empty Re: Oil slinger or not

Post  69F100 December 17th 2013, 10:04 pm

I did not install it on my 552 I have a comp dd roller set mine was rubbing on my seal so I left it out I never ran one on my 460 and never had a problem with oil or anything with it.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Snake Steve December 17th 2013, 10:09 pm

How dose it sling oil without it is it because the chain is wider and that slings oil good enough

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 17th 2013, 10:13 pm

It is more for keeping oil off the seal than slinging oil it more for splash control that is what i have alway been told
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Snake Steve December 17th 2013, 10:31 pm

Not a bad article look accurate the one thing I think he missed is identifying the blocks scj block came with two numbers DOVE-A and DIVE-AA 615 screwup at the factor to be a CJ block you have to have the 615 at the endhttp://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_1303_how_to_build_429_super_cobra_jet/viewall.html

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Snake Steve December 17th 2013, 11:38 pm

Aw ha that make sense thanks for the info when ever I think about installing a performance part other than stock first I make sure it will improve reliability and strength then performance for street Application and I'm not just sticking race part on that are just that for racing and then I find out all I can about installing it all thow oil slinger seems like a small thing to ask about. but if I don't know or I'm unsure I ask again thanks

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 18th 2013, 5:21 pm

It's always best to ask ?'s if not knowing. But yea,drop the so called "oil slinger". Smile 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down