BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to BBF

4 posters

Go down

New to BBF Empty New to BBF

Post  biggjupiter February 11th 2014, 2:19 pm

I am new to BBF world.Even though I have ,for years,been a Ford small block fan.I am currently selling off the last few SBF parts to buy a new BBF.Looking at buying a Callies 4.150 crank,Oliver 6.700 rods,TFS A460 heads & intake.Want to build a 514 CID engine to make 1500-1700 HP with my Precision 106mm turbo.The BBF seems to be the best way to make power as compared to the SBF.The BBF can be ordered with 18 head bolts to enhance gasket survival.This feature is the deal maker as far as I am concerned.Am I on the right track? Question 

biggjupiter

Back to top Go down

New to BBF Empty Re: New to BBF

Post  IDT-572 February 12th 2014, 10:24 pm

Yes, you can buy A heads with 18 bolts and an IDT or a Ford Motorsports A 460 block with 18 head bolt holes.

Run cometic gaskets and all will be fine..............

Last edited by IDT-572 on February 12th 2014, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 12th 2014, 10:24 pm

double post
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

New to BBF Empty bbf

Post  larry552 February 12th 2014, 11:32 pm

Welcome to the big block ford team. All these guys on here are great. I was a small block man but there is no substitute for cubes
larry552
larry552

Back to top Go down

Post  biggjupiter February 15th 2014, 4:29 pm

larry552 wrote:Welcome to the big block ford team. All these guys on here are great. I was a small block man but there is no substitute for cubes
The BBF is much more stronger than SBF.Besides all my friends have big block Chebbies ON NOS and a few SBF to battle these larger engines .The SBFs hold the line and kick plenty BBC ass.But I want to be different and show a few people what a boosted BBF is capable of doing.In my neck of the woods BBCs are a dime a dozen.Currently there are 0{zero!}BBFs in the race game here,Longview,Texas,and I am exploring building a BBF to race if plans do not change.Money seems to be a key factor in building any well built engine.I just hope I can pull this off in the future.I am currently putting the finishing touches on my street stroker for my Stang.I thank you for your support. Very Happy 

biggjupiter

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 15th 2014, 11:24 pm

biggjupiter wrote:
larry552 wrote:Welcome to the big block ford team. All these guys on here are great. I was a small block man but there is no substitute for cubes
The BBF is much more stronger than SBF.Besides all my friends have big block Chebbies ON NOS and a few SBF to battle these larger  engines .The SBFs hold the line and kick plenty BBC ass.But I want to be different and show a few people what a boosted BBF is capable of doing.In my neck of the woods BBCs are a dime a dozen.Currently there are 0{zero!}BBFs in the race game here,Longview,Texas,and I am exploring building a BBF to race if plans do not change.Money seems to be a key factor in building any well built engine.I just hope I can pull this off in the future.I am currently putting the finishing touches on my street stroker for my Stang.I thank you for your support. Very Happy 
We'd love to be involved with your build.  Give us a call at the shop 903-486-7292.  We are not that far away. Take 80 over to 69 and head north.  I think it's about 2.5 hours.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum