BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

powerglide info

3 posters

Go down

powerglide info Empty powerglide info

Post  garys gt March 28th 2014, 10:14 am

I have been looking at powerglide transmissions.  What I have been seeing is several people are running the stock case with bell housing cut off. A guy told me about a adapter to make one fit bbf. That's one of my questions is one way better than the other.  Another question I had was about the case issue that I have read about of the forum's.  Is the case problem just with the high horsepower stuff like 1500hp plus. Witch i will be no where close to. Just like to see what different people's thoughts was one this.

garys gt

Back to top Go down

powerglide info Empty Re: powerglide info

Post  whatbumper March 28th 2014, 10:33 am

The benefits on cutting the bell off and bolting an aftermarket one one are easy ones; adapts to almost any block, sfi approved as a scattershield so no other items needed.

The stock case is good for a lot of power if mounted correctly in the chassis and the pressures aren't set to crazy high numbers. Feel free to call and discuss if you like and you can either buy everything from us or we can at least give you a list of stuff you will need.

903-486-7292

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 28th 2014, 10:43 am

What he said.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content