BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sac. state fair pulls

3 posters

Go down

Sac. state fair pulls Empty Sac. state fair pulls

Post  samiam July 28th 2014, 2:08 am

picked up a 4th place finish,,,, missed that red cone marker by that much. Im thinking a gear change is in order,,, as in quick change TC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sf08ecxYP4
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Sac. state fair pulls Empty Re: Sac. state fair pulls

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 28th 2014, 5:32 am

Nice.  Cool 

Is that n/a, or are you guys allowed to use power-adders in that class?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam July 29th 2014, 12:17 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Nice.  Cool 

Is that n/a, or are you guys allowed to use power-adders in that class?

All N-A, 472 max cid, 4150 base carbs
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Sac. state fair pulls Empty Nice run

Post  460pulling July 29th 2014, 5:57 pm

Looks good with the bar tires on it. I like the Fairlane. The Quick change from Profab or SCS are nice units. I know two guys that have the SCS units and it appears to have smoother looking gears. I have a Profab and it is just as strong as both of the SCS boxes. I like dealing with Profab. SCS had a deal from some re sellers that if you bought the magnesium case they gave you three sets of quick change gears.
One thing you may find out is the faster you get going the more it will wanna rip the front end/steering . Are you running a hydraulic ram setup or a stock steering box setup?

460pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam July 30th 2014, 1:56 am

460pulling wrote:Looks good with the bar tires on it. I like the Fairlane. The Quick change from Profab or SCS are nice units. I know two guys that have the SCS units and it appears to have smoother looking gears. I have a Profab and it is just as strong as both of the SCS boxes. I like dealing with Profab. SCS had a deal from some re sellers that if you bought the magnesium case they gave you three sets of quick change gears.
One thing you may find out is the faster you get going the more it will wanna rip the front end/steering . Are you running a hydraulic ram setup or a stock steering box setup?

The steering is a power str box run off a electric hydro pump,, I been talking to a guy from Cyclone gearbox on the quick change,, there are a few guys in my class with the probabs... The whole class is pretty even and I have been holding my own with a 205 TC, A quick change is in order....
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down