BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8" powerglide converter fin laid over

2 posters

Go down

8" powerglide converter fin laid over Empty 8" powerglide converter fin laid over

Post  powerstrokeace August 21st 2014, 12:34 am

OK i have this converter that has 18-19 runs and was spragless and i ask for them to install a sprag. well when they opened it up they found about 1/3 of the center fins laid over. what is the cause of this?
We super comp race
never stall it more than 1 second
we do short burn offs
and when we bracket race we have a starting line enhancer which like super comp never see's more than 1 second on the stall.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

8" powerglide converter fin laid over Empty Re: 8" powerglide converter fin laid over

Post  ultimatelenny August 21st 2014, 8:29 am

Hi Ace, it could be a few things. Sub par furnace brazing, uneven pasting on the fin to cover before hitting the oven, or slight gap from the fin to cover. May need larger anti-ballooning plate on pump side to stop flex during operation. Tigging and hand brazing each fin tip will also help. Hope this helps you out a little. This happens quite a bit , even with all the precautions taken, nature of the beast I guess.
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down