BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8" powerglide converter fin laid over

Go down

8" powerglide converter fin laid over Empty 8" powerglide converter fin laid over

Post  powerstrokeace August 21st 2014, 12:34 am

OK i have this converter that has 18-19 runs and was spragless and i ask for them to install a sprag. well when they opened it up they found about 1/3 of the center fins laid over. what is the cause of this?
We super comp race
never stall it more than 1 second
we do short burn offs
and when we bracket race we have a starting line enhancer which like super comp never see's more than 1 second on the stall.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

8" powerglide converter fin laid over Empty Re: 8" powerglide converter fin laid over

Post  ultimatelenny August 21st 2014, 8:29 am

Hi Ace, it could be a few things. Sub par furnace brazing, uneven pasting on the fin to cover before hitting the oven, or slight gap from the fin to cover. May need larger anti-ballooning plate on pump side to stop flex during operation. Tigging and hand brazing each fin tip will also help. Hope this helps you out a little. This happens quite a bit , even with all the precautions taken, nature of the beast I guess.
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum