BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral

4 posters

Go down

C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral Empty C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral

Post  Tore February 10th 2015, 9:47 am

What would cause my yoke to be really stiff in neutral on my C6?

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral Empty Re: C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral

Post  whitefield February 10th 2015, 9:53 am

Tore wrote:What would cause my yoke to be really stiff in neutral on my C6?
Thanks Tore

Clutch pack clearance or stack up wrong ! Is it stiff to turn in one direction and not the other ?

Is there anything wrong with the trans other than stiff to turn in neutral ?
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral Empty Re: C6 Tranny yoke turns hard in neutral

Post  Tore February 10th 2015, 11:50 am

Be honest with you I only have turned it in one direction and I have no idea if the tranny is bad I bought it used and it supposedly ran good in his car.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 February 10th 2015, 9:25 pm

How "stiff" is "stiff"?
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmerc February 11th 2015, 8:37 am

Like Critter says how stiff is stiff?Whenever you turn it regardless of direction one hand should turn it over easily enough .If you need two hands on that yoke maybe it is to tight .The end play might be setup tight .The spec in my book says .008-.044 so it could be on the tight side normally my trans are in the .020s .And this trans of yours probably doesn't have any roller mods.Somehow I imagine your transmission is alright .Although if this is going into a race vehicle I might pull it down for a check out .And you could check the endplay to see if it was in spec.Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore February 11th 2015, 8:53 am

I put a yoke in another tranny and turned it over and it does take more effort to turn the one in the race car. Not a lot more but it is noticeable.
I am going to run it and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down