BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just got my water bill............

+9
cletus66
lghting94
56Tbird
Lem Evans
747JetMech
hillbillyerv
Diggindeeper
billandlori
richter69
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

just got my water bill............ Empty just got my water bill............

Post  richter69 November 20th 2009, 11:43 pm

$1,281.63

upon further inspection I'm gonna have someones ass Monday..............cant read a meter for damn sake.

Gotta watch um, like a f in hawk.

Besides the city should pay me to take this liquid they call water of their hands.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

just got my water bill............ Empty Re: just got my water bill............

Post  billandlori November 21st 2009, 12:03 am

Perfect.

I have had the car insurance company do that and then instead of giving you the extra they took back, they "credit" you account.

A few years ago they had some dick head running the water company in another town that let the e-coli thing get out of hand. Now all the towns are paranoid and its like drinking water right out of the pool. Half clorine, half water.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper November 21st 2009, 12:05 am

LOL, most of the houses way up here dont even have meters. clown

seriously.

the Gas company is a different story. They owed me a credit every month this summer. after hammering me with $300+ gas bills all winter.
utilities are a rackett. I wish i was a utility provider. pale

Bill, thats why i miss my Public insurance in Manitoba. none of the Bullshit going to 3 different places to get tags, insurance, and renewing your license. Just go to one place and get er done. None of this 3 grand for insurance either. When they (insurance) make money. you get a check back. i got back checks 3 or 4 times in the 8 years i had registered vehicles there... Not a whole lot....100 or so...but still...i was only paying about 1400 for 2 vehicles and a trailer.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv November 21st 2009, 11:40 am

Shocked Damn that f in crazy Shocked the local water co. wants $ 11.000$ Evil or Very Mad to run line 1 mile to my place then a $1.000$ meter fee, then i have to run it from gate to my house 3/4 mile Evil or Very Mad, i told that crazzy be otch to kiss my hillbilly a$$ i can drill 15 wells fer that Very Happy

f in stupid bitch Evil or Very Mad
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

just got my water bill............ Empty Power

Post  747JetMech November 21st 2009, 6:22 pm

Out here is California they installed a " Smart Meter ". All electronic. As soon as it was installed, my electric bill went up almost 3 times! I called and the power company and they said my meter was broken before and the new meter is actually reading my correct power usage. A month later they have numerous complaints about the same thing on our local news channel. People's bills going way up as soon as the new meter was installed.
One guy is concerned that hackers could tell by his power usage when he wasn't at home and could break in his home with no one at home!
Its real B.S.

Last edited by 747JetMech on November 22nd 2009, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 21st 2009, 7:08 pm

richter69 wrote:$1,281.63

upon further inspection I'm gonna have someones ass Monday..............cant read a meter for damn sake.

Gotta watch um, like a f in hawk.

Besides the city should pay me to take this liquid they call water of their hands.
That's from filling that water tank in your trunk...pay your bill dammit Mad

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 21st 2009, 8:40 pm

Quit taking those damn "Hotel Showers" and playing with yourself in there Razz Pay up Sucker!!!! Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 21st 2009, 8:43 pm

some simple math, they charged me for like 3 yrs worth of water bills..............idiots

The ending number was 28118, should have been 21881, the current meter number as of last night was 21892..........makes a big difference.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 21st 2009, 9:19 pm

It's not really a big deal call them and let them know a mistake was made and they will fix it accidents happen when a person reads the number of meters those guys do in a day(every day). I work for an electric utility and every time a persons bill goes up drastically it is automatically the meter 98% of the time I go out and find a problem with something in the home or the weather changed drastically between months.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 November 21st 2009, 9:36 pm

Water bill?? scratch WTF is that?? Shocked
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 21st 2009, 10:16 pm

like i say they just flipped the numbers............sure it was a mistake.......but damn it gets your attention lol.

Honestly half the time our water is brown.......... we filter all we cook with and drink bottled stuff. Pretty nasty.

Even filling the pool you have to watch it, the thing will look like strong tea if you fill it at the wrong time.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 21st 2009, 10:25 pm

I understand getting your attention I deal with bill complaints almost everyday and get my rear chewed by a customers.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 21st 2009, 10:48 pm

Its a good thing they weren't open last night lol.

I'll let the wife call them Monday.............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper November 22nd 2009, 2:54 pm

747JetMech wrote:One guy is concerned that hackers could tell by his power usage when he wasn't at home and could break in his home with no one at home!
Its real B.S.

Is that seriously a concern??? I could drive by his house and see that he's not home and break in rather than go to all the trouble of "trying" to tell by usage.

I have a smart meter. Change your biggest loads to the night time (away from peak demands) and your bills will go down. trust me. ITs also put in there so guys like me dont "fiddle" with their meters so my bill is 50% of usage. Twisted Evil
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 November 22nd 2009, 3:21 pm

I work for an electric company also. People get pissed because of a high bill and complain the the old meter on their house is 40 years old and want a new one ( BAD MISTAKE ) those old meters damn sure don't speed up as the get old, they slow down. (worn out) , Put a new one in and they speed up to 100% accurate, and their bill goes up accordingly.

I have tested 10's of thousands of meters and can count on one hand the ones that were ( fast, Electric company's favor ) . Just don't happen. If you have an old one , be happy. Very Happy

If the President's energy bill goes through, don't blame the electric company for the bill your going to get. Twisted Evil If he puts the penalty's on the coal producing plants the bill has in it , get ready, and bend over Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked

He is going to force the USA GREEN if it breaks you and me.

Sorry Bruno............. You will probably have to delete this, But as usual the truth hurts and most people want to sit with their head up their rear and stay in denial. We had better wake the hell up.............. Rolling Eyes
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 November 22nd 2009, 3:26 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I work for an electric company also. People get pissed because of a high bill and complain the the old meter on their house is 40 years old and want a new one ( BAD MISTAKE ) those old meters damn sure don't speed up as the get old, they slow down. (worn out) , Put a new one in and they speed up to 100% accurate, and their bill goes up accordingly.

I have tested 10's of thousands of meters and can count on one hand the ones that were ( fast, Electric company's favor ) . Just don't happen. If you have an old one , be happy. Very Happy

If the President's energy bill goes through, don't blame the electric company for the bill your going to get. Twisted Evil If he puts the penalty's on the coal producing plants the bill has in it , get ready, and bend over Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked

He is going to force the USA GREEN if it breaks you and me.

Sorry Bruno............. You will probably have to delete this, But as usual the truth hurts and most people want to sit with their head up their rear and stay in denial. We had better wake the hell up.............. Rolling Eyes

x2 on that
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

just got my water bill............ Empty Blake

Post  747JetMech November 22nd 2009, 9:10 pm

Yes, if it was just my bill that went up double, I would agree with you but there are so many people in my situation that several news brodcasts were on TV with the same problem. Google Smart Meters, Problems on google and see what pops up.
This may be one way they hose people........... ok, you say the old meter runs slower. I agree to a point. Then they install a new meter which shows my new and improved, much higher usage. Instantly I become a huge energy waster, and because my usage is double what is was from last year, they kick up my price per killowatt for my whole bill. This is there way of "TEACHING" me a lesson on wasting power when in fact I have not used anymore electricity then 3 years ago.
Because these smart meters no longer have anything mechanical in them, it's easy for someone at a desk to alter my energy usage. They also read the meter this way. There is no real way for the common man to monitor his own usage without adding up each appliance and time we use, add these up and compare with our bill. We will have to believe that the energy company will not lie and cheat us.
The guy that is complaining about hackers knowing when he is not home because of the power usage may be a little over the top but say you go on vacation for a week. Do you really want people to know your not home? Kick in your back door and steal your stuff? Not me.
As far as future energy use, it's my opinion that we will go to nuclear. It's cheap, France I believe uses mostly nuclear. Look at China. Building coal fired plants every month. I can tell you that a lot of pollution from China makes it way over to California. I don't like that. I don't like the recent study that came out on fish samples taken in remote areas of the planet. They found every sample contained mercury! Every single sample from around the planet, far away from people, was contaminated. I can't take my kids fishing without thinking about that.
The question is how we can force other countries into reducing pollution into the air? We are poisoning ourselves in my opinion with the current form of energy production.
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 22nd 2009, 9:56 pm

Mr 747 I wont discuss your bill becaues I dont have a history to look at or know your electrc companys rates and so forth to compare things, but i would recommend having things in your home checked to make some everything is working properly. As for the meter I looked up smart meters in california and every pic I saw has a digital display on the meter so you can read your usage every day. Also your meter cant be adjusted for speed from the office it is only able to be done at a testing facility the way i understand it. If you are positive your meter is bad call the utility and have it tested probably cost a little but if it is found that the meter is running fast you should recieve a credit and most likely rhe test fee back. But like Blake in the thirteen year I have been at this job I can count the meters tested to run fast on one hand.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 November 22nd 2009, 11:57 pm

Our meters are tested every five years . I am over this testing. they are tested by an independent test lab, privately owned and held to an accuracy of two tenths of one percent. Different rules of accuracy is mandated by different states. I have a test standard in house that I can check our lab to make sure it's accuracy is on the money. We only by electricity and resale it to the end user, we don't generate.

Jet if you bill went up because of the old meters inaccuracy, and the new meter billed you high enough to put you in a bad billing bracket, it's the state that screwed you not the meter. It's just a measure of energy used. If it said you used 2100 KWH it's a 99.999 % chance you used it.

You say you cant check your usage, your wrong. Just buy a amp recording meter and a calculator and figure it yourself, all you have to know is what voltage and amperes your using over a fixed period of time. But be sure to take out all the bullshit fuel charges , state, and federal taxes. just look at the price per kwh and total kwh used.

The government is who is screwing you, not your electric company.

The electric company also can make mistakes reading meters , and anything man made can and will fowl up, but our business as a whole is not screwing the public.

Just a heads up, if something isn't done it's going to get worse, if you want mercury free fish, get ready to pay for it. The United States can get completely green and we will all be living on food stamps, BUT THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL STILL BE POLUTING WHILE WE SUFFER.

We need to get this country back on it's feet before we tackle the green problem, we need money in our pockets to get it done, third world county's are the polluters.............

I just work for an electric company, telling you what we do , not trying to start an argument stating just facts.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

just got my water bill............ Empty Meter

Post  747JetMech November 23rd 2009, 12:32 am

I am not taking this the wrong way and I enjoy your input. If a guy at a desk can read my meter it's hard for me to believe the power company can not alter some inputs. I guess I could add every little thing up I use but with all the small gadgets that use power, it's a daunting task.
I also did a search and came up with this.......
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=48024
Here is another......
http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/PG-E-customers-in-Bay-Area-voice-similar/kCPCR7ffwki609ty-9Nupg.cspx
And another...............
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13801866

I am not trying to start a argument with you guys. I know you have no reason to B.S. me.

Thanks

Tom
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky November 23rd 2009, 11:17 am

Better live it up now, boys! The 'greenies' will make sure every amp will cost like never before, being in kentucky I expect it to really hurt $$$.
One tiny act that will slow it down, vote appropriately.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper November 23rd 2009, 11:36 am

IDT-572 wrote:You say you cant check your usage, your wrong. Just buy a amp recording meter and a calculator and figure it yourself, all you have to know is what voltage and amperes your using over a fixed period of time. But be sure to take out all the bullshit fuel charges , state, and federal taxes. just look at the price per kwh and total kwh used.

Just to clarify, Taking your ampere reading and multiplying it with your line voltage does NOT give you a Watt reading, regardless of what we all learned in electronics. Volts x Amps gives you VOLTAMPS. You are Billed by the KWh. you are using KVA/h. Thats one of the other things i believe the smart meters can take into account. How good of a "power factor" you have. You'll want a 90% power factor. You CAN check this by the amp recording device, and deviding your metered consumption by your recorded consumption, you should come up with something around .9XX
Thats one of the things i'm trying to get into is power factor correction...but the meteres cost a fortune for the average guy to get into.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper November 23rd 2009, 11:40 am

the1969fordguyinky wrote:Better live it up now, boys! The 'greenies' will make sure every amp will cost like never before, being in kentucky I expect it to really hurt $$$.
One tiny act that will slow it down, vote appropriately.

Maybe, but i think its responsible for us not to waste.
If your states were responsible they'd offer grants to people reduce their consumption by INCREASING their power factor. You get paid to save money.
They do it in Manitoba, Canada where i'm originally from and they're rewarded with the cheapest electricity in the country.
Food for thought guys.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  prosandguy November 23rd 2009, 12:02 pm

I just wish the utllities would operate like we all would.
Case in point, sent in my gas bill with a check, next thing I know I get a late fee notice. I call, they tell me they never got the bill, I say OK, I'll pay it online and get it taken care of. Like 2 days later, I go online and notice my checking account is all jacked up, d-bags not only took the online payment, but somehow got the check and cashed that too. I call and chew some butt, they will only "credit" me the amount of "overpayment" on my next months bill. Arrrgggg!!
prosandguy
prosandguy

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 23rd 2009, 1:28 pm

Diggin As far as I know only commercial accounts have to worry about power factor as of now residential does not.

Blake Very well said I tried to type an answer to say the same basic thing but when I re-read it before posting it always sounded like I was coming off as a smart a$$ so i comprimised.

Pros that sounds like you need to have a talk with your utility in person if there was an error I would think they could credit that back to your bank or ask them if they would like to cover overdraft fees because of their error.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next