BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans brake wont work on my c6

5 posters

Go down

Trans brake wont work on my c6  Empty Trans brake wont work on my c6

Post  manofmerc December 15th 2015, 6:33 am

Well I have tried everything but I cant get my trans brake to hold on my drag car .The solenoid is engaging the valve isn't stuck .I have tried two different valve bodies .NO brake action This is a Broader t brake .I checked his specs for the manual valve they were in the limit .Tried a different valve body he sent me it doesn't work .I made a pin to go into the valve for the solenoid so it would go in farther .057 still it doesn't work .I don't know what else to do .I have saw a post where some one had issues with a c6 whenever they installed a trans brake into a c6 case with a screw in modulator and it wouldn't work .And I called Coan to inquire about their Trans brake for a c6 and the guy there said He had heard of issues with the screw in modulator cases that is why they only sell a trans brake for the press in style cases .I really don't want to pull my trans and swap cases but that looks like my only option .My switch has a hot wire and ground directly from the battery I have put a piece of tape on the button and looked under the car with the car in low gear and running the solenoid is in .What is up with it I am out of steam on this .By the way my two step is working fine also .Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Trans brake wont work on my c6  Empty Re: Trans brake wont work on my c6

Post  supervel45 December 19th 2015, 11:01 am

http://www.broaderperformance.com/ford-c6-/72-c6-reverse-pattern-pro-tree-transbrake-valve-body.html I would get back with broader before I swapped the case. They claim they make a Pro Tree transbrake that will work with a screw in modulator. Wish I could be of more help but, that's all I could find.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Trans brake wont work on my c6  Empty Thanks

Post  manofmerc December 21st 2015, 7:18 am

Super I haven't had any luck with this job .I pulled the trans brake and sent it back .I spoke with the tech at Coan and they said sometimes there is an issue with the screw in cases .Their must be mine doesn't work .I tried two t brake valve bodies no go .Thank you for your post and merry Christmas rendeer

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 21st 2015, 9:07 am

Same to you Doug Merry Christmas, and I hope you get it worked out.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 December 21st 2015, 11:06 am

Get one of Frank's brakes
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech December 23rd 2015, 11:17 pm

crittersf1 wrote:Get one of Frank's brakes

X2. I have one, wicked piece. works flawlessly. Cool
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmerc December 24th 2015, 7:06 am

If I can get my $$ back from the trans brake I bought I plan on doing so .Right now just waiting too see what the builders plans are .Big Rig is your trans a screw in case ? And Critter what about yours? Big Rig I have been following your cars build from the get go real impressive .Thanks guys And Merry xmas santa rendeer

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech December 24th 2015, 9:31 am

Thanks for the compliments...I'm slowly getting the car where I want it. Very Happy Mine has a push in modulator. I couldn't be happier with Franks VB, works awesome round after round. I', changing my rear suspension a bit this winter and going to 275 drag radials to see if I can get my old blue heap into the 9's this summer...The MPH is already there, just need the 60ft better. Wink
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust December 24th 2015, 7:04 pm

Franks Tranbrakes are internal solenoid , push in or screw in case makes nil difference . And they work awesome Smile

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down