BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold

+3
SLord82
rmcomprandy
Slowpoke
7 posters

Go down

Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold Empty Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold

Post  Slowpoke April 23rd 2016, 5:48 am

Front throttle body....someone who's build one before so I don't have to send the heads. Who do you recommend? thx

Slowpoke

Back to top Go down

Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold Empty Re: Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold

Post  rmcomprandy April 23rd 2016, 11:13 am

Slowpoke wrote:Front throttle body....someone who's build one before so I don't have to send the heads. Who do you recommend? thx

Personally, I would just have a top built for an A460 Tunnel Ram manifold with F.I. plumbing; something like the Holley F.I. unit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold Empty Re: Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold

Post  Slowpoke April 23rd 2016, 1:16 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Front throttle body....someone who's build one before so I don't have to send the heads. Who do you recommend? thx

Personally, I would just have a top built for an A460 Tunnel Ram manifold with F.I. plumbing; something like the Holley F.I. unit.

I looked into that but it won't fit under my hood.

Slowpoke

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 23rd 2016, 3:52 pm

Slowpoke wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

You must not have looked very long;
That manifold base is just over 9 inches to the top, from the block China rails; that is a lot less than a regular aftermarket single 4 barrel manifold with a carburetor and air cleaner, would be.
With a throttle body on the front it may even be low enough to interfere with the distributor.

You are certainly free to keep on pondering your situation at hand; Good Luck.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slowpoke April 23rd 2016, 5:21 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

You must not have looked very long;
That manifold base is just over 9 inches to the top, from the block China rails; that is a lot less than a regular aftermarket single 4 barrel manifold with a carburetor and air cleaner, would be.
With a throttle body on the front it may even be low enough to interfere with the distributor.

You are certainly free to keep on pondering your situation at hand; Good Luck.

Are you saying you can't make one?

Slowpoke

Back to top Go down

Post  SLord82 April 23rd 2016, 10:04 pm

Are you kidding? Randy can make anything.

But really, what is your hood clearance?

Also, wasn't there a guy offering DIY sheetmetal tunnel rams or EFI intakes for A460 heads a few years ago. Maybe that would work for you?

SLord82

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt April 23rd 2016, 11:08 pm

I totally agree with Randy on this. I could build one out of an A460 tunnel ram that would sit way lower than any carb and filter.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker April 24th 2016, 12:33 am

Curt wrote:I totally agree with Randy on this. I could build one out of an A460 tunnel ram that would sit way lower than any carb and filter.

I agree too....i was gonna do this same swap. My plan was to build a flat top and have a flange welded onto the front of the plenum so the tb would exit over the distributor.

But if you have $$ to burn.......get ya one of them sheetmetal units that does the same thing.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt April 24th 2016, 10:42 am

These guys can do whatever you would want. http://www.swartzracingmanifolds.com/manifolds/index.htm And look like a piece of jewelry when they are done.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Slowpoke April 24th 2016, 2:39 pm

Curt wrote:These guys can do whatever you would want. http://www.swartzracingmanifolds.com/manifolds/index.htm  And look like a piece of jewelry when they are done.

Now that's the kind of information I asked for. THANKS

Slowpoke

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn April 25th 2016, 8:02 am

Like Randy said the top is just over 9 inches, the dual dominator top probably adds another 1-1/4". Just fab a flat top and mount the throttle body on the front. But I would recommend using the older casting. At some point, and I don’t know what year but Trick Flow changed the casting. Walls are thinner with the bosses visible on the outside of the plenum and it has no coolant crossover passage, which is not really a problem, just requires some drilling, tapping, and plumbing work. I don’t have ready access to mine to give dimensions but an oval type throttle body would probably fit the best. A well fitted and machined mounting plate could be welded to the front of either one to give maximum area to fit a large enough throttle body if need be.

Here's my early manifold.
Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold RIM00741_zpsc9ji6qsx

Trick Flows current offering.
Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold Tfs-54494000_nt_xl_zpszc1useu4

And if you can afford it Hogan's has this bad boy but it's probably around $3000 or more.
Need a A460 Fuel injected Boosted Manifold 16580_zps132d658g
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  CDMBill May 8th 2016, 1:39 pm

I think I'd spend some time working through the underhood packaging to arrive at the right manifold choice and where the throttle body should be located relative to the inlet plumbing. You didn't mention the nature of the boost, but a turbo or centrifugal blower and intercooler setup will be a big factor. I like the power band we got with the TFS A460 tunnel ram on the pump gas builds in the 580-598" range.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down