BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

3 posters

Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  BigRigTech May 29th 2016, 11:06 pm

I need some guidance Frank if you can spare the time. My car always rocks once the transbrake is applied and I take my foot off the brake. I have one of you VB's and it works great but I can't figure why it does this. It's been rollerized. My tranny sponsor tore it down this winter, said it looked great other than a couple heat spots on some direct steel's. I usually stall it up to 1500 to stage and then apply the t-brake...I don't take my foot off the brake pedal until I have let go of the t-brake button on the top bulb. I posted a video from Saturday so you can see what I'm talking about. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoE8m2sXBJI
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty Re: C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  Frank Merkl June 1st 2016, 11:26 pm

that's driveline slack , easiest way to get rid of it is to wire the line lock and transbrake together then put on/off switch in the transbrake wire .turn off the transbrake to do the burnout ,turn it on to stage . stage with some brake pressure and the line lock will take the rock out ! wiried my car like that 20 years ago
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

zx3focus likes this post

Back to top Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty Re: C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  richter69 June 3rd 2016, 2:04 pm

Or just put a diode in between the wore that connects the tb and line lock.....works like a champ and no switch to forget
richter69
richter69

zx3focus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl June 3rd 2016, 11:06 pm

here's how we have it set up ,toggle switch up is line lock only ,down -linelock and transbrake active , the heavy duty roller wheeled mirco switch is an irrigation pivot item and fool proof as you can use it as a delay by were you put your thumb on it

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL 20160603_205300_zpsd5suvfpn
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech June 6th 2016, 11:06 am

Cool. Thanks for the reply's, it's on my " to do" list now.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down