BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  BigRigTech May 29th 2016, 11:06 pm

I need some guidance Frank if you can spare the time. My car always rocks once the transbrake is applied and I take my foot off the brake. I have one of you VB's and it works great but I can't figure why it does this. It's been rollerized. My tranny sponsor tore it down this winter, said it looked great other than a couple heat spots on some direct steel's. I usually stall it up to 1500 to stage and then apply the t-brake...I don't take my foot off the brake pedal until I have let go of the t-brake button on the top bulb. I posted a video from Saturday so you can see what I'm talking about. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoE8m2sXBJI
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty Re: C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  Frank Merkl June 1st 2016, 11:26 pm

that's driveline slack , easiest way to get rid of it is to wire the line lock and transbrake together then put on/off switch in the transbrake wire .turn off the transbrake to do the burnout ,turn it on to stage . stage with some brake pressure and the line lock will take the rock out ! wiried my car like that 20 years ago
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL Empty Re: C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL

Post  richter69 June 3rd 2016, 2:04 pm

Or just put a diode in between the wore that connects the tb and line lock.....works like a champ and no switch to forget
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl June 3rd 2016, 11:06 pm

here's how we have it set up ,toggle switch up is line lock only ,down -linelock and transbrake active , the heavy duty roller wheeled mirco switch is an irrigation pivot item and fool proof as you can use it as a delay by were you put your thumb on it

C6 TRANSBRAKE VIDEO FOR FRANK MERKL 20160603_205300_zpsd5suvfpn
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech June 6th 2016, 11:06 am

Cool. Thanks for the reply's, it's on my " to do" list now.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum