BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chassis tuning tips to avoid wheel stand

+2
cool40
Dave De
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chassis tuning tips to avoid wheel stand - Page 2 Empty Re: Chassis tuning tips to avoid wheel stand

Post  Dave De May 21st 2017, 7:37 am

There might have been something going on with the surface to cause it to slide sideways. I did partially lift when the back end was moving sideways. Another run would have clarified that. I was set for the next run with 12 psi and no other changes. More testing will happen next Saturday. I will consider your adjustments if it continues to move sideways.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Chassis tuning tips to avoid wheel stand - Page 2 Empty Re: Chassis tuning tips to avoid wheel stand

Post  cool40 May 21st 2017, 11:13 am

What type of track bar do you have? My first chassis setup had one from the frame across to the rear housing and it acted a lot like that. It was far too short and moved the body sideways with any amount of travel up or down. You may want to measure the roll out on the tires and swap them side to side. They look like more psi would help.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De May 21st 2017, 11:27 am

That wiggle is new and I think it was the surface. I no longer have a pan hard bar. I am using diagonal bars on the ladders. I was thinking the tires were a little soft as well. This next Saturday I will raise the pressure and see how it responds. It looks like my shock setting at 4c and 14r is a good start.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 21st 2017, 12:21 pm

Keep us updated. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De June 12th 2017, 12:29 pm

Update
So far the tires are staying under a foot off the ground. The 60's are a little slower but more consistent at 1.27
I put the exhaust back on the car and went back to the pan hard bar. It is still behaving and going straight.
The factors to this is that lowering the ride height made the PHB closer to horizontal. Also the front shocks clicked up near the max and the rear shocks at 4c 14r slow the hit.  Now finer adjustments for track tuning conditions can be predictable.  Also tire pressure is not as sensitive but the sweet spot is where it was dead hooking @ 12.5 psi l can go almost a half pound up or down with similar results.
It's a confidence booster to pull up to the line and know that it's going straight and down the track not up. So far a dozen hits or more with expected results.

Thanks to all that contributed and supported me on this effort to get it right.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara December 26th 2017, 7:01 pm

Very Happy This thread needs a like button.......
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2