BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads

3 posters

Go down

broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads Empty broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads

Post  ChrisH July 17th 2017, 10:23 pm

I am looking for cast iron heads that are damaged, even heavily. I have started working on methods to repair/weld the damage up.
it isn't worth the effort on anything but PI or CJ heads. but I have had success welding major damage from dropped valves .
if you have any heads like this sitting around I would be interested in them.

the last head I repaired had 1/3 of the intake port missing and 1/4 of the exhaust port, so short of the head being in two pieces I am interested in any high end cast iron head(s).

thank you
chris harrington

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads Empty Re: broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads

Post  racinghabbit July 18th 2017, 9:54 am

to buy?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads Empty Re: broken or cracked D0OE or D2OE heads

Post  ChrisH July 18th 2017, 10:37 pm

possibly yes.
it depends on how much value is left in the head.
if it has three nice chambers, seats, and guides, but one chamber needs some work then the head has some value left in it and may be worth paying a price for.

if the head is a used up core, wasted guides, sunken seats and damage then the cost of shipping may be all the value left in the head considering the head would need a full rebuild to make it good again.

so it depends more on the condition of the part of the head that is not damaged. the damaged part basically needs the same work regardless.

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 22nd 2017, 12:45 am

ChrisH wrote:possibly yes.
it depends on how much value is left in the head.
if it has three nice chambers, seats, and guides, but one chamber needs some work then the head has some value left in it and may be worth paying a price for.

if the head is a used up core, wasted guides, sunken seats and damage then the cost of shipping may be all the value left in the head considering the head would need a full rebuild to make it good again.

so it depends more on the condition of the part of the head that is not damaged. the damaged part basically needs the same work regardless.

Do you fix heads for people?My cousin has a Cast Iron DOOE-R head that needs fixed.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisH July 23rd 2017, 4:48 pm

i can yes.
I would need a few pictures to give you a final answer.
however, I have taken some risk with my stuff that I would not take with a paying customer. longevity of the repair is my concern. my initial repairs always hold pressure and hold up to an air chisel penning the weld. but the final test is after a few hard runs/heat cycles have been placed on the repair.

I am getting a set machined now that had a third of the intake pot missing and 1/4 of the exhaust port gone. there was also chamber repair. something like this I would not do for money yet as I don't know how long I will hold up. I need to run these heads in the coming months to find the limits of my repairs.

I will send you my email. email a few pictures and I will let you know if I can help.

chris

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down