BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect

+2
dfree383
5pointslow
6 posters

Go down

header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect  Empty header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect

Post  5pointslow November 6th 2017, 8:49 am

im waiting on my engine diaper to come in from dre Nov 10th and then i going to try to get engine in car
i have hooker super comps using solid mounts , tubular kmember ........(im going to try first )

if i run into any crazy issues fitment , i noticed D&D sells a 2 inch primary mid length header that will work with my jw bell as well

My question is any idea hp loss going from hooker long tubes to mids both 2 inch primarys and yes i know this is vague motor made 649 with hookers

Thanks

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect  Empty Re: header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect

Post  dfree383 November 6th 2017, 9:57 am

With an exhaust system you probably won't see much difference
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect  Empty Re: header hp loss ? from hooker long tubes to D&D mid lengths any idea what to expect

Post  5pointslow November 6th 2017, 10:08 am

dfree383 wrote:With an exhaust system you probably won't see much difference

just running bullet mufflers and turndowns
going to try the hookers first but will see how much issues i will have fitment and collector height ( i hope they work out) , have 25inch front runners may need to go to taller tire as well.

worst case i order the midlengths up from D&D

thanks for input
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp November 6th 2017, 1:22 pm

Subbed. I'm curious to see input on this topic as well. Has anyone tested this on a track or dyno?

Edit: OP, what cid are you running?

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 6th 2017, 1:41 pm

nickpohlaandp wrote:Subbed. I'm curious to see input on this topic as well. Has anyone tested this on a track or dyno?

Edit: OP, what cid are you running?

472ci (.060 over)
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R November 6th 2017, 8:47 pm

I'm pretty sure zbob has D&D mid length's on his Zephyr box top, maybe he'll chime in on this or send him a pm Very Happy

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob November 6th 2017, 11:41 pm

hmm, you rang mike? ya I do.
..... with eldebrock heads. I have a tubular kmember with swap mounts. I utilize the front slots on the kmember. have about 1 1/2 spacers between it and the frame.
.....I did have to grind the block plate and a little more material on the starter bulge on my c6 belhousing. also double d steering shaft clearance was on the order of a 1/16.
....not sure of hp loss. I have absolutely no traction with street tires, blow all three gears off with 3.55 gears. with small drag radials all the way through first gear is up in smoke too. bob

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  351crules November 7th 2017, 11:45 am

well they aren't any shorter then fender exit headers and they are the new rage

351crules

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down