BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use Hooker 6841-1HKR or 6841HKR Headers?

Go down

Anyone use Hooker 6841-1HKR or 6841HKR Headers? Empty Anyone use Hooker 6841-1HKR or 6841HKR Headers?

Post  velcro7279 December 9th 2017, 11:46 am

Looking at these headers for my 1978 F150 4x4 with a 429. Wondering if anyone can give any input on how they fit? I'm currently using the stock engine mount towers with L&L mounts and L&L fender well exit headers. Looking to switch to chassis exits to clear the longer radius arms I am putting on it. Right now I'm only getting about 3" up-travel on the drivers side before the arm hit the header collector.. These are homemade arms, not like Duff or Cage arms and I'm not willing to change arms to clear the headers. Not sure if Duff arms would clear either. I would probably go with the L&L chassis exits, but I want the 1 7/8 tubes like the Hookers have. Planning an engine upgrade in the next couple years and would like to only buy headers once. Plus, L&L doesn't offer coated headers anymore.

I have been wanting to get away from the short exhaust that exits in front of the rear tire anyway. This might give me the opportunity to do that. It will also be easier to put an extended upper shock mount with the fender well exits out of the way.

So, if anyone can give me any input on the fit of these I would appreciate it. Also, what engine mounts are you using if you have these headers? Hooker's website says they work with a different mount than I have. Any pictures of your install and how you routed your exhaust would be helpful, too.

Or, if anyone knows of any other 1 7/8 chassis exit headers. I'm not stuck on the Hookers, just what I have found so far.

Thanks for anything you can give me.

velcro7279

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum