BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

429 thunderjet pistons

3 posters

Go down

429 thunderjet pistons Empty 429 thunderjet pistons

Post  Jwshanks December 21st 2017, 6:14 pm

I am looking for 2 standard  429 thunderjet pistons. These are the flattops with the two valve reliefs. I bought a set the other day with the c8 rods, but two are not usable. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jwshanks

Back to top Go down

429 thunderjet pistons Empty Re: 429 thunderjet pistons

Post  Paul Kane December 21st 2017, 9:19 pm

Jwshanks wrote:I am looking for 2 standard  429 thunderjet pistons. These are the flattops with the two valve reliefs. I bought a set the other day with the c8 rods, but two are not usable. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I dissembled a 429 short block that had the flat top pistons with 2 valve reliefs; I pressed all 8 pistons off all 8 rods; I visually inspected all 8 pistons and tossed 3 of them for their wear/cosmetic appearance; the remaining 5 pistons I lightly buffed the top ring land area with scotchbrite and from those remaining 5 pistons I picked the best 3 pistons.

Those 3 best pistons are packaged in a USPS Priority Mail box and ready to ship (you will get your needed 2 plus 1 spare).  Your price for tear down labor, piston/rod disassembly, visual inspection, the 3 best pistons, and USPS Priority Mail shipping is just $50, or $75 to Canada.  Please call me directly via the High Flow Dynamics website.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino December 21st 2017, 10:49 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
Jwshanks wrote:I am looking for 2 standard  429 thunderjet pistons. These are the flattops with the two valve reliefs. I bought a set the other day with the c8 rods, but two are not usable. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I dissembled a 429 short block that had the flat top pistons with 2 valve reliefs; I pressed all 8 pistons off all 8 rods; I visually inspected all 8 pistons and tossed 3 of them for their wear/cosmetic appearance; the remaining 5 pistons I lightly buffed the top ring land area with scotchbrite and from those remaining 5 pistons I picked the best 3 pistons.

Those 3 best pistons are packaged in a USPS Priority Mail box and ready to ship (you will get your needed 2 plus 1 spare).  Your price for tear down labor, piston/rod disassembly, visual inspection, the 3 best pistons, and USPS Priority Mail shipping is just $50, or $75 to Canada.  Please call me directly via the High Flow Dynamics website.

Heck!! Cant beat that!!....Mr. Kane willing to go above and beyond the call of Big Block Ford duty right there!!
OP, you should jump on that!!...its better than scouring through junkyards or paying stupid EBAY prices!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Jwshanks December 30th 2017, 6:06 pm

Mr. Kane is awesome. Everyone should check out his website. It has some really useful info on it. Once again thank you Mr. Kane for the help

Jwshanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane January 2nd 2018, 3:23 pm

Thank you, gentlemen. Cool jwshanks your parts are arriving today, please keep an eye out for them.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jwshanks January 3rd 2018, 9:59 am

Package arrived. Thanks again Mr. Kane

Jwshanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content