BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small block ford heads

+3
whitefield
larry552
69F100
7 posters

Go down

small block ford heads Empty small block ford heads

Post  69F100 January 2nd 2018, 10:36 pm

has anyone herd of the Scorpion Aluminum Heads  or are they pro comps

I found this on google for them I just haven't herd of them http://scorpionproductsinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_66_241&products_id=322


Last edited by 69F100 on January 2nd 2018, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 56
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  larry552 January 2nd 2018, 10:42 pm

I never heard of them
larry552
larry552

Posts : 335
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 42
Location : Albany Ga

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  whitefield January 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

Nope I can't say that I have!
whitefield
whitefield

Posts : 2241
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  69F100 January 2nd 2018, 10:53 pm

I getting ready to buy a set of aluminum heads for my 69f100 it going to be a small budget build might just save a little more on it and buy some Trick Flow heads for it just going to be a freshen up build with new heads and custom cam. Not looking to make any big hp just something around a 300 to 350 hp 351w with a little more tq.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 56
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  whitefield January 2nd 2018, 11:00 pm

69F100 wrote:I getting ready to buy a set of aluminum heads for my 69f100 it going to be a small budget build might just save a little more on it and buy some Trick Flow heads for it just going to be a freshen up build with new heads and custom cam. Not looking to make any big hp just something around a 300 to 350 hp 351w with a little more tq.

Unless you want to buy aluminum heads a set of cast iron GT40 or GT40p heads with 9.5:1 and a custom hyd or hyd roller cam will get you 350 flywheel hp.
Just from my experience But nothing wrong with budget build and those scorpion heads !

Post your build and good luck with it !
whitefield
whitefield

Posts : 2241
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  69F100 January 2nd 2018, 11:01 pm

i looked at the eddy e street heads at Summit Racing today almost bought them but backed out they did not look much more than a gt40 aluminum head.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 56
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  pmrphil January 3rd 2018, 9:57 am

What's the old saying? You get what you pay for? AFR or Edelbrock are probably your best bet. Anybody who won't put their name on a casting sure can't be proud of the workmanship, or lack of it.

pmrphil

Posts : 166
Join date : 2016-10-29

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  rmcomprandy January 3rd 2018, 11:35 am

69F100 wrote:has anyone herd of the Scorpion Aluminum Heads  or are they pro comps

I found this on google for them I just haven't herd of them  http://scorpionproductsinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_66_241&products_id=322

Nobody here seems to actually know about them so, buy 'em and you'll know; then tell us all what you find because you'll be the experienced one..

I had hope that we could find out about some brand heads I knew nothing about.

Your head choice should depend greatly upon whether or not you want to spend more money on a "stud" rocker arm valve train vs. an O.E.M. type "bolt down" set-up used from Ford since the early 80's.


Last edited by rmcomprandy on January 4th 2018, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

rmcomprandy

Posts : 6009
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  larry552 January 3rd 2018, 6:01 pm

get the afr 165 they will do what you need
larry552
larry552

Posts : 335
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 42
Location : Albany Ga

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  jbozzelle January 3rd 2018, 10:51 pm

That's a big runner. If you want a low maintenance street setup go with the AFR, E'brocks or the FRPPs that use the factory style pedestal rockers. Bolt 'em down and go...

jbozzelle

Posts : 3698
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 49
Location : New Orleans

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  BBFTorino January 4th 2018, 3:06 am

If they are a no name brand, they are Chinese!!

BBFTorino

Posts : 973
Join date : 2015-12-31

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  rmcomprandy January 4th 2018, 7:25 pm

BBFTorino wrote:If they are a no name brand, they are Chinese!!

"Chinese" does not necessarily equate to bad quality castings although most of the hardware is.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 6009
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  69F100 January 4th 2018, 10:54 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
69F100 wrote:has anyone herd of the Scorpion Aluminum Heads  or are they pro comps

I found this on google for them I just haven't herd of them  http://scorpionproductsinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_66_241&products_id=322

Nobody here seems to actually know about them so, buy 'em and you'll know; then tell us all what you find because you'll be the experienced one..

I had hope that we could find out about some brand heads I knew nothing about.

Your head choice should depend greatly upon whether or not you want to spend more money on a "stud" rocker arm valve train vs. an O.E.M. type "bolt down" set-up used from Ford since the early 80's.

I am waiting on a reply from them I emailed them asking what valves and springs and who made the castings but haven't gotten a reply back. I am going with a stud mount going back with a solid lift cam flat tappit custom cam from you. When I figure what heads I am getting debating on the Eddy E streets or the Ford X307. Trick Flow I have to change Pistons from what I have read
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 56
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  rmcomprandy January 5th 2018, 12:39 am

69F100 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
69F100 wrote:has anyone herd of the Scorpion Aluminum Heads  or are they pro comps

I found this on google for them I just haven't herd of them  http://scorpionproductsinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_66_241&products_id=322

Nobody here seems to actually know about them so, buy 'em and you'll know; then tell us all what you find because you'll be the experienced one..

I had hope that we could find out about some brand heads I knew nothing about.

Your head choice should depend greatly upon whether or not you want to spend more money on a "stud" rocker arm valve train vs. an O.E.M. type "bolt down" set-up used from Ford since the early 80's.

I am waiting on a reply from them I emailed them asking what valves and springs and who made the castings but haven't gotten a reply back. I am going with a stud mount going back with a solid lift cam flat tappit custom cam from you. When I figure what heads I am getting debating on the Eddy E streets or the Ford X307. Trick Flow I have to change Pistons from what I have read

You don't want the Ford "X" heads then because they use "bolt down" type rockers; not stud mounts.

Personally, in your situation, I would use the 222 series Profiler heads but, they are a race quality head with CNC'd combustion chambers, 63cc and valve jobbed for 2.055" & 1.600" Valves and bowl blended. NOT an inexpensive head though and NOT available as complete heads.

Lower priced:
I have used the Edelbrock #60259 "Performer RPM" heads with 60cc chambers having great success on an Engine Masters 414 engine with .060" thick SCE composition head gaskets and ported like the Edelbrock E-CNC 185  #79259 heads.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 6009
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  69F100 January 5th 2018, 9:41 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
69F100 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
69F100 wrote:has anyone herd of the Scorpion Aluminum Heads  or are they pro comps

I found this on google for them I just haven't herd of them  http://scorpionproductsinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_66_241&products_id=322

Nobody here seems to actually know about them so, buy 'em and you'll know; then tell us all what you find because you'll be the experienced one..

I had hope that we could find out about some brand heads I knew nothing about.

Your head choice should depend greatly upon whether or not you want to spend more money on a "stud" rocker arm valve train vs. an O.E.M. type "bolt down" set-up used from Ford since the early 80's.

I am waiting on a reply from them I emailed them asking what valves and springs and who made the castings but haven't gotten a reply back. I am going with a stud mount going back with a solid lift cam flat tappit custom cam from you. When I figure what heads I am getting debating on the Eddy E streets or the Ford X307. Trick Flow I have to change Pistons from what I have read

You don't want the Ford "X" heads then because they use "bolt down" type rockers; not stud mounts.

Personally, in your situation, I would use the 222 series Profiler heads but, they are a race quality head with CNC'd combustion chambers, 63cc and valve jobbed for 2.055" & 1.600" Valves and bowl blended. NOT an inexpensive head though and NOT available as complete heads.

Lower priced:
I have used the Edelbrock #60259 "Performer RPM" heads with 60cc chambers having great success on an Engine Masters 414 engine with .060" thick SCE composition head gaskets and ported like the Edelbrock E-CNC 185  #79259 heads.

Thanks Randy for the info right now my 351w it is a 74 model block with the replacement factory 69 model pistons .030 over my brother bought for his engine for a 69 Mach 1 mustang he had. Not sure what dish is on them but it was not as much as the factory piston I took out. I built this engine about 12 years ago I have 70 model 351w heads with a old lunati 292 .512 lift cam. Heads is in need for some valve guides and freshening up in stead of having the old heads freshened up going to put that in a new set of aluminum heads for it.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 56
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

small block ford heads Empty Re: small block ford heads

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum