BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil pan

+6
dfree383
BBFTorino
BOSS 429
rmcomprandy
pmrphil
69F100
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

oil pan  - Page 2 Empty Re: oil pan

Post  69F100 July 14th 2018, 11:55 am

I bought a moroso fox pan 60625 pan off Amazon for $175 new. Should have it by Tuesday John what pick up you use with your pan.
 I checked bearings they still look brand new check my oil light it comes on at 30psi but might move it away from my oil gauge it puts a glare on the gauge when it comes on so I may have not lost all oil pressure
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane July 15th 2018, 11:54 am

I see you’ve bought a pan already, just wanted to suggest adding a quart to your existing setup and see what that tells you.  Also good that your oil pressure warning light comes on while you still have (low) pressure.

Laslty, when it comes to full-length drag pans no-one mentioned Armando’s. I’m not only pleased with their pans in general but I specifically like their pickup tubes which are 7/8” diameter rather than the typical 3/4” diameter jokes that come with most rear sump commercial pans.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 15th 2018, 3:30 pm

Paul Kane wrote:I see you’ve bought a pan already, just wanted to suggest adding a quart to your existing setup and see what that tells you.  Also good that your oil pressure warning light comes on while you still have (low) pressure.

Laslty, when it comes to full-length drag pans no-one mentioned Armando’s. I’m not only pleased with their pans in general but I specifically like their pickup tubes which are 7/8” diameter rather than the typical 3/4” diameter jokes that come with most rear sump commercial pans.
I was going to try to add another quart but decided to load it up and check the bottom end after the light came on. It needed a better pan any way mine was all open no baffles doors or windage tray.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum