BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil pressure location best for sending unit

3 posters

Go down

oil pressure location best for sending unit  Empty oil pressure location best for sending unit

Post  5pointslow September 10th 2018, 10:36 am

finally fired up my car over the weekend
using a racepak dash , im getting a bad reading Reading nothing a negative - sign on the dash itself . Motor was dynod and im very confident i have oil pressure and its a bad signal but i shut it down to be safe.

Im using the back of the block behind the intake for the sending unit , i wasnt sure if i should be using the port by the oil filter ?
Racepak reccomends a braided line to the unit and not solid into block for harmonics i just found out

I just wasnt sure if that was the best spot behind intake or by the filter , i may just have a bad sending unit
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

oil pressure location best for sending unit  Empty Re: oil pressure location best for sending unit

Post  away September 10th 2018, 11:11 am

You have it in the correct spot. Rear is best. I would be checking your sending unit.
away
away

Back to top Go down

oil pressure location best for sending unit  Empty Re: oil pressure location best for sending unit

Post  Doug Rahn September 10th 2018, 2:29 pm

Do you have the sending unit mounted directly to the block, because the RacePak senders do not like the vibration. RacePak even recommends not mounting them directly to the engine.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow September 10th 2018, 7:46 pm

looked again tonight

i win dumb ass award !!!!!
i forgot to tighten up the ground , it was loose . started it up showing 80lbs on first fire up
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down