BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuel pressure

2 posters

Go down

fuel pressure Empty fuel pressure

Post  o henry October 13th 2018, 11:30 pm

8an lines 580s 1/8 mile at 119 130 60 ft .. havent run 1/4 since i left fla 8 years ago 870 at 157. yea going thru traps at 7000 in eight mile .. pump is 12 years old.

o henry

Back to top Go down

fuel pressure Empty Re: fuel pressure

Post  BBFTorino October 13th 2018, 11:43 pm

That's pretty fast, brother!! pirat
If the pump has a ton of use on it, it may be showing its age. Do you have an A/F meter on board??...does it literally go lean on de-celleration?? or do the plugs look good??
I imagine that a car that fast, the pump must also overcome the inertia that is trying make the fuel go in the opposite direction.
You will certainly want to keep your eye on it, maybe even play with the pressure setting a little and do test hits.
It don't sound like you have a volume issue, just a little pressure fluctuation.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

fuel pressure Empty fuel pressure

Post  o henry October 14th 2018, 12:02 am

yea its time for new pump i do not want to chance it.. no a/f meter either need to get one... carb was starting to show lean condition just recently .. my last pass i was going to check #2 plug , but i blew 13 teeth off ring gear on my 488s.. thank you so much for responding ..

o henry

Back to top Go down

fuel pressure Empty Re: fuel pressure

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down