BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vacuum advance or not?

3 posters

Go down

vacuum advance or not? Empty vacuum advance or not?

Post  racinghabbit February 13th 2019, 9:19 pm

i'm building a 504 for my f100 daily driver. its going to idle nasty and not make vacuum at idle. I'm wonder about running a pro billet msd with no vacuum on it. How will it run as a street driver?

racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

vacuum advance or not? Empty Re: vacuum advance or not?

Post  BBFTorino February 14th 2019, 12:56 am

A properly dialed in distributor with mechanical advance only, will be as good as it gets if you don't have sufficient vacuum to effectively operate the vacuum pod.
You can also find a belt driven vacuum pump, like the one's they used on the old 6.9L IHI diesels to help supply vacuum.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit February 14th 2019, 3:35 pm

I'm not too worried about it.. I will just run the msd distributor and be good to go... Thanks
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino February 14th 2019, 3:58 pm

Yes, the MSD distributors come with an assortment of weights, springs and stop bushings that with just a little bit of fine tuning, you can get very good results. It's not bad at all.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 14th 2019, 7:48 pm

racinghabbit wrote:i'm building a 504 for my f100 daily driver.  its going to idle nasty and not make vacuum at idle.  I'm wonder about running a pro billet msd with no vacuum on it. How will it run as a street driver?

A vacuum advance is for part throttle, mid to low RPM cruising. It is used basically for less fuel consumption.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit February 15th 2019, 1:01 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
racinghabbit wrote:i'm building a 504 for my f100 daily driver.  its going to idle nasty and not make vacuum at idle.  I'm wonder about running a pro billet msd with no vacuum on it. How will it run as a street driver?

A vacuum advance is for part throttle, mid to low RPM cruising.  It is used basically for less fuel consumption.

That makes sense... Thank you.
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down