BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions

5 posters

Go down

Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions Empty Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions

Post  ThunderCat May 28th 2019, 5:51 pm

Just purchased a build.

429 with 11:1 compression.
Isky Cam (254 duration, .590" lift, 108 lobe center)
Heads: pro comp alum...kidding. I have fully ported 69VE castings. Machined and assembled by Lesco.
Have all receipts for everything done totaling far more than I paid and needed power plant for my 72 Thunderbird (HEAVY muscle!)

Came with Holley Ultra XP 750 . (Thinking this is too much carb for street driving) obviously not taking this yacht to the strip.

Needs push rods and rockers, and carb. Thoughts/ideas.

Goal is a big nasty loud muscle car. Not grandmas t-bird.

Rough estimated 525hp.

Found a c6 with a looser converter (2500 stall) that I’ll mate to it.
Need to find driveline.
ThunderCat
ThunderCat

Back to top Go down

Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions Empty Re: Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions

Post  BBFTorino May 29th 2019, 1:21 am

With a heavy car like that, you want to concentrate on making as much torque (low RPM) as possible.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions Empty Re: Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions

Post  rmcomprandy May 29th 2019, 9:53 am

With the iron O.E.M. heads I would use the Lunati "Voo-Doo" rocker arms. Pushrod lengths should be around stock length but, should be checked.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderCat May 29th 2019, 10:21 am

Thanks!
For carb options... ultra xp 750 right for this or sell it and look at...?
ThunderCat
ThunderCat

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyK May 29th 2019, 5:19 pm

ThunderCat wrote:Thanks!
For carb options... ultra xp 750 right for this or sell it and look at...?

The XP 750 can be made to work but a 750 cfm vacuum secondary is probably more appropriate.

TommyK

Back to top Go down

Post  DanE May 30th 2019, 10:21 am

Which intake manifold?

DanE

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 30th 2019, 10:48 am

DanE wrote:Which intake manifold?

For the power he is looking to get, I would use a Trick Flow "Track Heat" however, for the use it will serve, I would get a Performer RPM.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderCat June 3rd 2019, 1:07 pm

I have performer RPM.
The head build sheet:Finishing touches: carb, push rod, rocker questions Image10
ThunderCat
ThunderCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum