BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF 64 Galaxie

+4
427John
Mike R
away
nedceifus
8 posters

Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus July 31st 2019, 10:00 am

Howdy, a member from the 460.com site steered me over here. I have a 64 Ford with a 460 I built 20 years ago. The project has sat idle for a few years but Is back on the front burner. I will start a build thread before long. Just want to soak up knowledge from this site. BBF 64 Galaxie 9bf0da10
BBF 64 Galaxie 997cc710
BBF 64 Galaxie 0216bc10BBF 64 Galaxie 9bf0da10
BBF 64 Galaxie 997cc710
BBF 64 Galaxie 0216bc10
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  away July 31st 2019, 4:34 pm

That will be a nice ride! cheers
away
away

Posts : 266
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 44
Location : Harrodsburg KY

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  Mike R July 31st 2019, 6:23 pm

Good to see ya Very Happy

Mike R

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2009-08-05
Age : 61
Location : St Paul Mn

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Race help

Post  nedceifus August 1st 2019, 3:23 pm

This Galaxie of mine is a street car. But I want to race too! Can you recommend a build thread with a similar heavy street/strip car? I’m thinking about 10 second 1/4 mile times, 650 pump gas horse. Just want to see what other people have built. My old 460 is going to do its thing for now but I want to set myself up for a built to the hilt street stroker here before too long. When I get to the point that I can afford a stroker motor, I want everything else on the car prepped to handle & plant the power. BBF 64 Galaxie 8bd2c910
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  427John August 4th 2019, 1:39 pm

If your plans don't include a narrowed rear you may want to upgrade your rear to a big bearing housing and 31 spline axles.A housing from a 60-64 ford or 61-64 merc wagon will bolt right in and have the big bearings.A quick and easy way to tell the big bearing is the bearing retainer nuts,9/16 socket =small bearing 3/4 socket = big bearing for these housings.These will still have 28 spline axles,but they will accept 31 spline.

427John

Posts : 53
Join date : 2018-03-19

nedceifus likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  68galaxie January 2nd 2020, 1:36 pm

Awesome ride!!
68galaxie
68galaxie

Posts : 342
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Edmonton AB

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus May 12th 2022, 8:16 am

427John wrote:If your plans don't include a narrowed rear you may want to upgrade your rear to a big bearing housing and 31 spline axles.A housing from a 60-64 ford or 61-64 merc wagon will bolt right in and have the big bearings.A quick and easy way to tell the big bearing is the bearing retainer nuts,9/16 socket =small bearing 3/4 socket = big bearing for these housings.These will still have 28 spline axles,but they will accept 31 spline.
Word. I narrowed the rearend 1/4” on each side a while back. Re used my small bearing ends. I agree, I need big bearing ends & will be cutting the rearend apart again soon.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus May 12th 2022, 8:26 am

Reviving this thread out of boredom. Some of you regulars, all 3 of you,🤣, may have noticed my plethora of questions on the site the last few months. I’ll try to keep the description of the gap in this thread short, but here is where we have been & where we are. I was not happy with the way the big block was fitting in the engine bay with the Mustang II. It was either to tall or too far forward or I was going to have to completely rebuild my firewall. Basically I got pissed off, sold my big block & bought a 5.3 LS & a turbo. The LS fit nice, I’m sure it would have ran hard, but the sac relig of putting that thing in my Ford got to me. So here I am a couple years & a divorce later & I want to get this thing going again. Traded my LS for a 460 & have been working on getting it together for a couple of months. Trying to support site vendors where I can. Had Lem grind my cam & bought a pair of SCJ heads from him. Rocker girdle & carb spacer from Jomar.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus May 12th 2022, 12:39 pm

This is what I have going. Trying to keep this kinda traditional. Like a 90’s street race car: Bad to the bone but street. Used parts where I can find them. Nothing to fancy or modern.
460 bored .30 DIVE block
Stock crank
Eagle I beam rods
Waiting on RaceTech pistons, 10.1 for SCJ
SCJ heads, stock ports with a backcut on the intake valves
Waiting on Comp Ultra Magnum rockers
Lem Evans solid roller cam
Jomar rocker girdle
Victor 460 for a 4150 (I may or may not port match to SCJ, probably not)
1000cfm 4150 from AED
1” Jomar power cone
Old Moroso valve covers & air cleaner
MSD 6AL
MSD pro billet
10” PTC converter
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus May 12th 2022, 12:44 pm

Yesterday I tried on a 295/55/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street SS. It’s perfect. BBF 64 Galaxie F7122910BBF 64 Galaxie F7122910
BBF 64 Galaxie 86f2b810BBF 64 Galaxie F7122910
BBF 64 Galaxie 86f2b810
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  BBFTorino May 13th 2022, 9:41 pm

Even though it's not my car, thank you for keeping your classic Ford, all Ford!
So you will have 466 cubic inches with nice flowing heads and intake. I'm betting that it would make more power than a tiny 5.3 LS.

BBFTorino

Posts : 908
Join date : 2015-12-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  rmk57 May 16th 2022, 11:36 am

If it were me and also if your starting from scratch I'd look into a stroker kit. A 521-545 Scat or Eagle kits are reasonable, not sure about availability though.

I really like the 64 Galaxie body. They look great with the teardrop hood treatment.

rmk57

Posts : 168
Join date : 2010-05-29

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  wickettoby1 May 16th 2022, 9:11 pm

nedceifus wrote:This is what I have going. Trying to keep this kinda traditional. Like a 90’s street race car: Bad to the bone but street. Used parts where I can find them. Nothing to fancy or modern.
460 bored .30 DIVE block
Stock crank
Eagle I beam rods
Waiting on RaceTech pistons, 10.1 for SCJ
SCJ heads, stock ports with a backcut on the intake valves
Waiting on Comp Ultra Magnum rockers
Lem Evans solid roller cam
Jomar rocker girdle
Victor 460 for a 4150 (I may or may not port match to SCJ, probably not)
1000cfm 4150 from AED
1” Jomar power cone
Old Moroso valve covers & air cleaner
MSD 6AL
MSD pro billet
10” PTC converter

What headers do you plan on using?
What is the width and backspacing on the rear wheels?

wickettoby1

Posts : 352
Join date : 2016-02-02
Location : SE Michigan

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus June 16th 2022, 9:49 am

wickettoby1 wrote:
nedceifus wrote:This is what I have going. Trying to keep this kinda traditional. Like a 90’s street race car: Bad to the bone but street. Used parts where I can find them. Nothing to fancy or modern.
460 bored .30 DIVE block
Stock crank
Eagle I beam rods
Waiting on RaceTech pistons, 10.1 for SCJ
SCJ heads, stock ports with a backcut on the intake valves
Waiting on Comp Ultra Magnum rockers
Lem Evans solid roller cam
Jomar rocker girdle
Victor 460 for a 4150 (I may or may not port match to SCJ, probably not)
1000cfm 4150 from AED
1” Jomar power cone
Old Moroso valve covers & air cleaner
MSD 6AL
MSD pro billet
10” PTC converter

What headers do you plan on using?
What is the width and backspacing on the rear wheels?
4.5” backspacing on the rear wheels. I’ve got a set of Hooker Super Comps off the fox body Mustang I pulled the motor from.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  nedceifus June 16th 2022, 9:51 am

All short block parts are at the machine shop. Finally got my pistons & rockers. Still waiting on head studs, but I have a set of SpeedMasters I can use till the ARP’s show up.
nedceifus
nedceifus

Posts : 56
Join date : 2019-07-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF 64 Galaxie Empty Re: BBF 64 Galaxie

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum