BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

Go down

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Empty Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

Post  rickb3653 July 13th 2020, 10:57 am

I have a question for anyone here who has put a C and C Motorsports block with a dry sump system in a dragster. I have a new Miller dragster and I am installing a BBF that was built for a door car into it. The problem I am trying to solve is that the -12AN fitting for the dry sump feed to the block in the front by the timing cover on the drivers side is hitting the upper chassis tubing. Do I shim/raise the front of the engine so it fits? Or is there a special type of AN fitting or hose I can use? Has anyone else run into this deal?

rickb3653

Back to top Go down

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Empty Re: Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster

Post  Curt July 13th 2020, 11:34 pm

We used industrial 90° fittings out of the pan where it hit the chassis and the pump, and then the appropriate fitting to follow. I keep saying that I'm going to put banjo fittings in the pan, but as for now, I haven't

Problem fitting dry sump feed in dragster Img_2011
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum