BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont be lazy pull that pan!

2 posters

Go down

Dont be lazy pull that pan! Empty Dont be lazy pull that pan!

Post  manofmerc December 17th 2020, 5:43 am

I cant say that I am not lazy sometimes but this time I wasn't .While doing a routine fluid change on my trans brake equipped c6 I found a small piece of metal .It looked like cast iron to me really small like a pencil lead .I thought it was a lug off the high gear clutch drum .But It was much smaller . Well I only had two more races left so I let it be .Upon removal I was looking and looking for something broken .I didn't find it until I opened the forward clutch drum which by the way is one of those steel $700 ones .I come to find the beveled pressure cracked in two .Also one of my fibers the lining had separated .My band was worn and the direct drum needed to be refinished the clutches were fine .The forward clutches were ok as well as low .You know I might have run this for a bit but what if it puked on me at the track and I had to pull my transmission in the middle of summer at 96 degrees .Just saying guys pull that pan you might get a surprise sadly with transmissions not a good one .Doug santa

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Uglytruck, Gregaust and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Dont be lazy pull that pan! Empty Re: Dont be lazy pull that pan!

Post  Frank Merkl December 30th 2020, 12:24 am

I have billet bevel pressure plates in stock
Frank 403-793-5412
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dont be lazy pull that pan! Empty If only I had known

Post  manofmerc January 3rd 2021, 7:53 pm

I already have it back together Frank .But I probably would have bought one from you .Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Dont be lazy pull that pan! Empty Re: Dont be lazy pull that pan!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down