BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crites header fitment

3 posters

Go down

Crites header fitment  Empty Crites header fitment

Post  manofmerc January 3rd 2021, 8:10 pm

It took Three months but I finally got my headers from crites .And they did fit ok. My old set (10 years old ) didn't fit worth a dam around the pitman arm well they changed all that and that isn't an issue now you are still tight at the steering box but my other set was tight there too.All in all they fit well ok .This is in my 67 comet with AFRs raised ex flange 3/8".One issue with those afrs you need to grind the bottom of the header flange probably 1/8" at a 45 degree angle the afr heads have a flange that is higher than my edelbrocks it keeps the bottom of the header flange from sealing .A little grinding will eliminate all that.Really for the price I paid about $550 these aren't bad headers .Some of my chevy buddies pay lots more .I really like the older style that have a crossover tube .I believe it is #7 and #3 that makes fitment around the steering box much nicer .I believe Gt 350 has a set like that .Happy new year ! Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Crites header fitment  Empty Re: Crites header fitment

Post  jasonf January 4th 2021, 12:24 am

I have a set for my 56 and they hang a bit low but overall they fit good. It's not like there are any other options anyways. lol.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Crites header fitment  Empty Re: Crites header fitment

Post  gt350hr January 4th 2021, 2:39 pm

Mine are not crossover style.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Crites header fitment  Empty I forgot

Post  manofmerc January 5th 2021, 5:29 am