BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSD Grid & Nitrous

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MSD Grid & Nitrous - Page 2 Empty Re: MSD Grid & Nitrous

Post  supervel45 October 4th 2022, 4:08 pm

How much does she weight?

Sounds like you have the driveline covered well.

Watch that guy's video on fuel octane and retard. I have found what he says to be true.

I looked at some of the Nitrous Express plate jet charts. They are running 8 and 10 PSI on fuel for the smaller fuel pills. I never ran that much on my tunes, hence my fat fuel pills.

Those CalTrac's are bad bitch's. That might due the traction trick.

You can also do like Lane did and put a shot bar in the back bumper.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/stopgap-stang-1971-ford-mustang-mach-1

You don't have the Cubes/Compression Lane had but, the Nitrous can make up for a lot and you have many more advantages he did not. Check out some of his tricks in the link.

That Mustang at an alleged 3,700 pounds with a caped and corked under carburetored alleged 825HP went 9.84 on 1.52 second 60ft times. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by supervel45 on October 5th 2022, 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add Link)

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 5th 2022, 1:03 am

nedceifus wrote:The goal is video of this old pig taking down the turbo LS guys from my home town…😁

If you are going to mess with those turbo cars with the system you are building and your engine combo, I would have to install a panic button just because it can be done and losing sucks. I would use 250-300HP jet at 50% or so modulation for the normal pass and override the solenoid ground circuit in high gear for 100% if needed. Many ways to wire it and tie in another MSD retard channel also. It would likely require 1 or 2 extra relays though and DP/DT type as well. Evil or Very Mad

supervel45

nedceifus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 6th 2022, 8:10 am

I was looking at those tear drop hoods for shits and grins to see how much they are now. The Kapalini's for 5 bills is sold out. Eckler's claims to have some at $581.00.

https://www.ecklers.com/teardrop-hood-fiberglass-full-size-including-galaxie-1963-1964-90-79837-1.html

They will probably run out to, soon.

Have you seen this 521 Galaxie. It's a sweet ride too. Looks like P-51's with a Mafia, they should have gone into the engine details more. Still worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6w1G3L-4Y

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2