BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaft Rockers, where and what brand

+6
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
bruno
dfree383
richter69
paulie9fingers
10 posters

Go down

Shaft Rockers, where and what brand Empty Shaft Rockers, where and what brand

Post  paulie9fingers January 29th 2010, 12:49 pm

Howdy folks, I have a set of Trick Flow A460 heads and I need a set of shaft rockers. I have a brand new set of Jesel's (# KCS-19187) that I bought in 2004 but they are for the Ford A460/B460 (I told them what head I had and this is what I got). I was wondering what people think would be the best option, T&D makes one and they say it fits all model A460's, Jesel has a different kit for the different heads. The ones I currently have don't appear to work because the shaft in the exhaust rocker hits the spring on the intake valve to the left of it also it doesn't appear to have much clearance between the head bolt/stud and the stand on the exhaust valves.

Any thoughts on a brand and where to get a good price and service would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Shaft Rockers, where and what brand Empty Re: Shaft Rockers, where and what brand

Post  richter69 January 29th 2010, 12:55 pm

Shaft rockers on a head not designed for them is asking for trouble IMO.

Put a good set of stud mounts on it with a girdle and do yourself a favor.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Shaft Rockers, where and what brand Empty Re: Shaft Rockers, where and what brand

Post  paulie9fingers January 29th 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks, but I'll stick with the shaft rockers. We've used Jesel, T&D and WW shaft rockers on other A-heads (old MOtorsports), E-heads (currently on the Pro Mod I work on) and a few of our current small blocks and never had a fitment problem or failure. I just got off the phone with Kaase's and they said to use the ones I have, just grind the end of the shaft for clearance, they have to do it all the time.

Last edited by paulie9fingers on February 4th 2010, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 29th 2010, 2:06 pm

Have you tried mocking them up? They may work fine.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 29th 2010, 2:08 pm

ive heard alot of people use the shaft rockers on those heads before .......... why wont they work again ?

isnt there some kind of welding involved on each pr or something also ??

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 29th 2010, 2:12 pm

Strange..I've been using Jesel shaft rockers on my early A heads since 2000 and have had 0 problems with them...

What sort of problems should I be looking for ?? Rolling Eyes
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 29th 2010, 2:13 pm

paulie9fingers wrote:Thanks, but I'll stick with the shaft rockers. We've used Jesel, T&D and WW shaft rockers on other A-heads (old MOtorsports), C-heads (currently on the Pro Mod I work on) and a few of our current small blocks and never had a fitment problem or failure. I just got off the phone with Kaase's and they said to use the ones I have, just grind the end of the shaft for clearance, they have to do it all the time.

Yup, had to do the same thing here..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers January 29th 2010, 2:34 pm

We have tried to mock them up, you can't, all of the stands bolt on but when you try to bolt the rockers on, the top corner of the shaft in (3) of the exhaust rockers (the 3 on the right when looking down on the head) hit the intake valve spring to the left. All of the intakes and the one exhaust all the way to the left side of the head bolt right on. No welding on these bases, they actually have a bolt to hold the two bases together once everything is in position, the old T&D's (could have been WW's) we had were like that though, you lined everything up and then tacked them together. These are the current model Trick Flow heads, the old 598 we had in the '68 mustang had early Motorsports A-heads with T&D's (or WW's, been a long time Laughing ) with no problems, all of our smallblocks have Jesels with no issues with fitment.
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 29th 2010, 3:40 pm

so how much you want for them? I have a set of old style heads....... bounce
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers January 29th 2010, 3:54 pm

dfree383 wrote:so how much you want for them? I have a set of old style heads....... bounce

I'm probably using them (see my second post above), I just need to check one thing that they told me to look at but I'll let you know.
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 29th 2010, 6:56 pm

Yep, grinding on the ends of the shafts are part of the deal.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jts557 February 3rd 2010, 8:23 pm

so what is the best shaft rocker out of the box for the TF a head i hate not to get the valve adjustment
right without major work with stud gurdlies .I was told T and d were in the r&d stages did they come to market
thanks and who is the best to deal with.I feel this is a shortcoming in my combo.

jts557

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers February 18th 2010, 9:06 am

I just got my new Jesel Shaft Rockers, #KPS-320126, and they fit like a champ, bolted right on. Very Happy
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  jts557 February 18th 2010, 12:52 pm

Was the ones you got put on a trick flow a head? I would like to know bc i will order a set now.
And is anybody here a dealer .Thanks

jts557

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 18th 2010, 1:35 pm

jts557 wrote:so what is the best shaft rocker out of the box for the TF a head i hate not to get the valve adjustment
right without major work with stud gurdlies .I was told T and d were in the r&d stages did they come to market
thanks and who is the best to deal with.I feel this is a shortcoming in my combo.

Personally I like the studs and girdle better more anchor support and everything is connected....lots more ridged

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers February 18th 2010, 1:52 pm

jts557 wrote:Was the ones you got put on a trick flow a head? I would like to know bc i will order a set now.
And is anybody here a dealer .Thanks

My heads are Trick Flow, the number I just listed is the correct ones for the heads, I have a set for sale in the "For Sale" section that fit the Ford Racing heads. I can get you pics if you want, you can see some posted by "deliveredfast" here, https://www.429-460.com/engine-tech-f2/post-some-things-you-learned-about-products-after-you-bought-them-t3438-30.htm , my heads are TFSBBF-1, the ones in the pic above are TFSBBF-3.
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace February 19th 2010, 10:46 pm

I thought you were crazy and called Jesel and for some reason they offer a set for the Ford Motorsport heads and a set for the TFS heads. The Guy on the phone wasn't able to tell me what the differnce was No

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 19th 2010, 11:57 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:I thought you were crazy and called Jesel and for some reason they offer a set for the Ford Motorsport heads and a set for the TFS heads. The Guy on the phone wasn't able to tell me what the differnce was No

Ace
whats different is the fulcrum lenght and the shaft bolt hole center lines

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down