BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions

+2
MBBFord
OldRedFord
6 posters

Go down

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Empty Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions

Post  OldRedFord February 24th 2010, 10:27 pm

First two pics are of the camshaft thrust plate. Can it be cleaned up
with Scotchbrite or should I just get a new one. Would one of the
vendors have it?

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Picture010-2

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Picture011-2

Then the water pump backing plate. I think it will clean up with a wire
wheel or my sand blaster. Or should I just replace this too?

Again, a vendor item? Any idea what these two things run?

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Picture008-3
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Empty Re: Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions

Post  MBBFord February 25th 2010, 12:01 am

My water pump plate looked pretty similar to yours and when cleaning it up with a wire wheel it was knocking chuncks of rust/metal off creating a couple pin holes. So, I had to get a new one.

Cheapest place I could find one, believe it or not, was at the Ford dealership. I want to say with tax is was about $14.

MBBFord

Back to top Go down

Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions Empty Re: Cam thrust plate and water pump baking plate questions

Post  bbf-falcon February 25th 2010, 6:58 am

Lem has the cam plate in stock,don't know about the backing plate Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 25th 2010, 11:44 am

Ford still makes the backing plate.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 February 25th 2010, 5:15 pm

Ford part number on plate is C8SZ-8508-A .List price is $16.58.Any Ford dealer can order it for you.
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 February 25th 2010, 10:02 pm

For the cam trust plate clean it up with scotch brite or 600 grit wet and dry sand paper and see what it looks like if it is ruff get a new one but if it is smooth use it on the water pump plate sand blast it and see what it look like if you need one buy it from ford alot cheaper like the other said
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 26th 2010, 10:47 am

PROSTREET66 wrote:Ford part number on plate is C8SZ-8508-A .List price is $16.58.Any Ford dealer can order it for you.
Yep Exclamation You a parts man or or what Laughing

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 February 26th 2010, 5:07 pm

Hey Lem, Yeah sometimes I wish I wasn't a Ford Parts Man.Its not as easy as it was back in the 70's 80's.All the certification and testing.Just got off the phone with Shawn from ordering that Jomar power cone for the 1150.Also a new crank spacer.Can't wait to get this motor dynoed.Again thanks for all you and Shawn have done for me!!!!!!!!Michael
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 26th 2010, 5:31 pm

Cool

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum