BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D3VE-->C8VE

3 posters

Go down

D3VE-->C8VE Empty D3VE-->C8VE

Post  Cyclone70 March 6th 2010, 7:42 am

I dont know can i change those heads without having too much compression for street use, i think those pistons (Badger P-734) gives about 9:1 with those D3 heads, have anyone idea for that?
What kind of cam i can use with that 9 comp?
Im thinking comp 274 extreme or lunati 268/276 voodoo...or do i loss power with those Sad , i dont want to learn by mistake i hope someone has done mistakes before.

Cyclone70

Back to top Go down

D3VE-->C8VE Empty Re: D3VE-->C8VE

Post  rmcomprandy March 6th 2010, 10:49 am

Be sure the heads can accept the amount of theoretical valve lift which the cam will provide...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave March 6th 2010, 11:09 am

How about measuring the combustion chamber volume of both heads? I've used two different casting date cylinder heads on a project of mine and it simply required removing material from the cylinder head to equal combustion chamber volumes, all other things equal! What do the cam companies recommend as to compression ratio for their camshaft requirements? Post your application and expectations as to camshaft requirements, you will get plenty of feed back!

Dave.

P.S. Good morning Randy.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone70 March 7th 2010, 5:40 pm

Ok, it seems that i get decent price DOVE-C heads, there has machine work done and all moving parts new, i see them next week, those have 73cc chambers and forget to say that i have 71 block so it have that longer deck?

Cyclone70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down