BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idioit Engine Experts

+19
chuck stevens
69F100
jasonf
BIGDOG466
bcr466
83-88T-Bird Guy
jones
514Fox87
Curt
richter69
Maddmattmustangs
Treeyasoon
whatbumper
John I.
bbf-falcon
ThndrChkn
'65 T-BOLT
bigblockfox468
Tennessee Bullitt
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Idioit Engine Experts Empty Idioit Engine Experts

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 8th 2010, 9:39 am

Here is the kind of fools I have to deal with....

"OP why would you go with that intake and carb setup? You gonna pull stumps out with this car? You would make more power with a low rise intake and a single carb."

This is coming from a guy who saw my setup. He is also one who made 680 HP to the wheels but can only run 7.60's in the 1/8 with his mod motor with a blower.

He also swears that he can pull wheelies on the street but at the track with slicks he can't even get the front wheels up. I though you guys would like to see some huge B.S.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Idioit Engine Experts Empty Re: Idioit Engine Experts

Post  bigblockfox468 March 8th 2010, 9:53 am

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Here is the kind of fools I have to deal with....

"OP why would you go with that intake and carb setup? You gonna pull stumps out with this car? You would make more power with a low rise intake and a single carb."

This is coming from a guy who saw my setup. He is also one who made 680 HP to the wheels but can only run 7.60's in the 1/8 with his mod motor with a blower.

He also swears that he can pull wheelies on the street but at the track with slicks he can't even get the front wheels up. I though you guys would like to see some huge B.S.

Yep I know whacha mean Laughing Just like my signature say's Exclamation
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 8th 2010, 10:10 am

Yep! My neighbor...had a 89 S10 with a 283,auto,373 gears,manifolds w/2" exhaust....he said he stood it on the bumper cause he made too much power! FOOL! he was asking me if i wanted to buy it! I said..WHAT! and laughed at him. then a few days later he said he was going to keep it and put in a dana 9' with 4.11 gears...now that is a chevy moron! Thank GOD he finally got rid of it. He knows what i have in the garage! WHY WHY do I have to be surrounded by Idiots! Do Idiots make the world go around or something?
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn March 8th 2010, 10:30 am

Laughing Laughing There's a couple guys like that here. One of them saw my truck run last year, and afterward, he told me about a friend of his that has a BBC Chevelle with a 4 speed that makes soooo much power, that all the local tracks have banned him from running. BUT! As far as I know, nobody I know has ever even seen the car. Must be 'cause it's sooooo FAST!

The other guy used to work for my tranny guy. Todd (my tranny guy) showed him one of the vids from my truck on his cell phone, and his response was, "Oh I remember that guy, I beat him by like 10 lengths in my uncles '97 Trans Am." I saw him driving his uncles Trans Am a few weeks later at the track, and "On the bottle" he was running low-mid 8's in the 1/8. His excuse was, "it needs new plugs." Epic FAIL !!!!

You ever notice, it's mostly the Chevy guys that are like this?

Doug... Cool

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 10:40 am

You guy's shouldn't talk about my NEPHEW like that. Rolling Eyes Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 8th 2010, 10:42 am

ThndrChkn wrote:Laughing Laughing There's a couple guys like that here. One of them saw my truck run last year, and afterward, he told me about a friend of his that has a BBC Chevelle with a 4 speed that makes soooo much power, that all the local tracks have banned him from running. BUT! As far as I know, nobody I know has ever even seen the car. Must be 'cause it's sooooo FAST!

You ever notice, it's mostly the Chevy guys that are like this?

There is also a lot of Ford guys like this with their new mustangs, my buddy just got his twin turbo car back, on the street tun it put down 690hp/745tq to the ground. We went to the track and I somked him bad in the 1/8. He said because he couldn't drive the car. He went to bowling green this weekend and the best he was able to get was a 11.51. Not bad for $30,000 in mods. I tried to tell him the 6 speed and street suspension does not work. He had hopes of going low 10's into the high 9's.

Funny thing is he did a 110 tune with more boost and it made 832hp/945tq to the ground. When I ran him, I was going consistant 8.60, 8.70's. His best was 9.60's and the worst was 11.05. I guess in a way he did get into the high 9's... lol!

Doug... Cool
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. March 8th 2010, 11:27 am

My fav was from back in the 70's. There was a guy around here that had a Camaro with a 302, with a few mods, and was probably running mid 13's. He had a fan club, and one night one of his fans cornered me in a bar and was ranting about the car, claiming it turned 14,000 rpm and ran 10 flat. He would have won the race in Calgary, but he broke out with a mid 9. Then proceded to tell be the Camaro owner (Who WAS a smart guy) had rewired his buddy's 302 Mustang over to a Chevy firing order and it picked up 2 seconds in the quarter. Just listened, nodded politely, and walked away after a few minutes. It was so profoundly stupid I never forgot it.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 11:43 am

What about the guys who remove the "governor" from their hotrods? I here you can pick up like 5 seconds or something. hahahaha

Oh, I forgot about the "NOS" boosters and the turbo pills that guys on import forums talk about. Laughing

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 12:34 pm

My dumbass nephew knows so much about engines ,he built a 347 and tirned all the pistons around(Eyebrows at the bottom) and bent all the valves. Then was dumb enough to ask me what could have done it. The local chevy GURU told him his cam was to large. Rolling Eyes bounce

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon March 8th 2010, 12:51 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:The local chevy GURU told him his cam was to large. Rolling Eyes bounce
It must have been a "3/4 race" cam...lol.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 1:18 pm

I had a 1000cfm Prosystem 4150 carb built for my last nitrous engine. I was at a race last year and this ole boy walks up and says, "think what that thing would run with a real carb like a 1050 dominator". I couldn't get him to understand that I had a big carb.

I found him later. He was a bracket race guy. He ran an AMX car with a sbc. It was a pump gas car with cast iron double hump heads, a holley strip dominator intake, a 1050 dominator, and cast iron exhaust manifolds. It ran high 9's......in the 1/8th. He sure could do a cool burn out with that one tire spinning.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 8th 2010, 1:58 pm

I had a guy with an 08 charger claim he could run 8's in the quarter...... i beat him in my stock civic. does this mean my civic with its bone stock 1.4L I-4 is an 8 second car? lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 8th 2010, 1:59 pm

Also know a guy that said that his stock iron 460 heads flowed more than P-51's Shocked
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 2:28 pm

if this is on a forum send me a link................I'll be glad to register and set him straight................. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 8th 2010, 2:52 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Also know a guy that said that his stock iron 460 heads flowed more than P-51's Shocked

Maybe he has a set of the original raw castings that he flowed his against. Rolling Eyes
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 March 8th 2010, 3:42 pm

Or my Uncle that swears he had a 56 Chevy with a 283 that left the line at 10000 rpms and shifted at 14000. lol! lol! How stupid do they think we are?
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 5:05 pm

514Fox87 wrote:Or my Uncle that swears he had a 56 Chevy with a 283 that left the line at 10000 rpms and shifted at 14000. lol! lol! How stupid do they think we are?

It was a 57 chevy.HAHAHA

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jones March 8th 2010, 5:18 pm

I like it when they come up and ask "how fast does it go?????",,,,,,,,,,,, "On the speed-o!!!",,,,,,,,,, "Mines does 200!!!"

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 5:34 pm

And why do people have to touch your car? I am painting my aluminum wing this year because so many people have touched the dang thing that there are greasy fingerprints all over it. I don't mind people looking and asking questions but why touch.

another thing. I love it when people come up to us to remind me that our radiator is missing. Like I didn't know that I don't have a radiator. scratch

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy March 8th 2010, 5:35 pm

I used to hear this all the time from people regarding my cousin's street car: "It will jump a Coke bottle"....I laugh.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 5:37 pm

what about, "my car has more power than yours. it will pop a wheelie and yours barely lifts the tires." I just nod and go on with my business.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 March 8th 2010, 6:02 pm

whatbumper wrote:what about, "my car has more power than yours. it will pop a wheelie and yours barely lifts the tires." I just nod and go on with my business.

Thats when I ask, "For real, where is your car?"
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 March 8th 2010, 8:05 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:The local chevy GURU told him his cam was to large. Rolling Eyes bounce
It must have been a "3/4 race" cam...lol.

X2 My wifes family is all chevy and they all want that "3/4 cam" but none of them got sh**t lol! lol! lol!
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2010, 9:53 pm

Hey Guy's, don't forget about the ones that rode in the 55/57 Chevy and the owner put a $100 bill on the dash and said it was yours if you could grab it while he was going thru the gears Rolling Eyes No ...................................... There everywhere there everywhere lol!

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf March 8th 2010, 10:03 pm

This sounds like 3/4 of my local Mustang and Ford club. They are all great people but almost all of them owned or no someone that owned a car that would pull the front wheels on the street twenty years ago.
lol! lol! lol! lol!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next