BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street racing in GA

+7
511Fox
blown473
wowens
cletus66
bigblockfox468
Maddmattmustangs
OldRedFord
11 posters

Go down

Street racing in GA Empty Street racing in GA

Post  OldRedFord March 18th 2010, 10:03 am

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/87851747.html?storySection=story

Im not too sure this is a good idea. Pretty surprised actually.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Street racing in GA Empty Re: Street racing in GA

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 18th 2010, 10:44 am

that is very interesting.....
If they did that in my town the would make millions Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 18th 2010, 10:47 am

I guess if there are no real dragstrips around it could generate some $ for the locals and if they maybe coordinate with a car show or something like that it might work. I wouldn't hold my breath on it being as awesome cause I'm sure you wouldn't hook and it would be slicker then snot. I think it would bring in spectators, not sure what kind of cars but I'm sure it would be a spin and smoke fest Smile
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 18th 2010, 10:48 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:I guess if there are no real dragstrips around it could generate some $ for the locals and if they maybe coordinate with a car show or something like that it might work. I wouldn't hold my breath on it being as awesome cause I'm sure you wouldn't hook and it would be slicker then snot. I think it would bring in spectators, not sure what kind of cars but I'm sure it would be a spin and smoke fest Smile

Probably all the ricers would show up Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord March 18th 2010, 2:51 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
bigblockfox468 wrote:I guess if there are no real dragstrips around it could generate some $ for the locals and if they maybe coordinate with a car show or something like that it might work. I wouldn't hold my breath on it being as awesome cause I'm sure you wouldn't hook and it would be slicker then snot. I think it would bring in spectators, not sure what kind of cars but I'm sure it would be a spin and smoke fest Smile

Yea sounds like a ricer magnet to me. But better they have a oil down there then at the track. Street racing in GA Icon_lol

There are two 1/4 mile tracks I know of, Commerce and SGMP. Then a bunch of 1/8 strips. I think 13 tracks in total are open.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 March 18th 2010, 3:57 pm

Silver State Classic seems to work out OK from what I hear. A drag race should be easier to control/contain. Twisted Evil
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Street racing in GA Empty Crap

Post  wowens March 18th 2010, 4:49 pm

Now I gotta get a permit, damn government lol!
wowens
wowens

Back to top Go down

Street racing in GA Empty street racing

Post  blown473 March 18th 2010, 7:50 pm

Its a reality, so they might as well try and regulate it and maybe make some money. I envy the mid west and eastern states where you are building tracks, out here in CA. all the state does is close them down. Noise laws, environmental laws, unaffordable insurance thanks to the lawyers. If a track is even proposed the environmentalists demand a 2 year environmental impact report that can cost millions!!! Thats why racing is a reality on the street, people would still be on the tracks if there were as many around as there were in the 1970's. They have passed the strictest of laws confiscating cars or 30 day impounds and lic. revocation, jail etc. and the problem is just getting bigger. They don't get it at the Capital, its like outlawing sex, it ain't gonna happen!! They need to have tracks and tell people if you move in next door don't complain about the noise!! Common sense is very uncommon today.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Street racing in GA Empty DUH???

Post  511Fox March 18th 2010, 7:58 pm

I have never understood how people can move next to a Pig/Dairy Farm or a Dragstrip and complain about either the smell or the noise.

You knew what it is when you bought next to it Buyer Beware.

Sometimes I hate the Legal Profession in general.

Just my $.02

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  hayhauler March 18th 2010, 9:18 pm

511Fox wrote:I have never understood how people can move next to a Pig/Dairy Farm or a Dragstrip and complain about either the smell or the noise.

You knew what it is when you bought next to it Buyer Beware.

Sometimes I hate the Legal Profession in general.

Just my $.02

well said

hayhauler
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70bbftorino March 19th 2010, 8:05 am

sorta unrelated, but i find this outta hand also

safety first

as i used to race motocross and we would get pulled over just making one lap warming a bike up before throwing it on a trailor and paying to ride at a track; these guys all ride them like un-plated transportation.......on the street....and the police dept somehow can't stop it> WTF
70bbftorino
70bbftorino

https://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad191/70bbftorino/

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick March 19th 2010, 9:04 am

OldRedFord wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:

Yea sounds like a ricer magnet to me. But better they have a oil down there then at the track. Street racing in GA Icon_lol

There are two 1/4 mile tracks I know of, Commerce and SGMP. Then a bunch of 1/8 strips. I think 13 tracks in total are open.

Magnets don't attract ricers......They're made of aluminum and plastic, with carbon fiber hoods, dash trim, giant wings and body kits....and, oh yeah...stainless steel fart cannons. Shocked No iron for the magnet. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang March 19th 2010, 9:49 am

They've been doing similar things up here in rural northern Michigan for years. The Boyne city Street Drags have been held twice yearly for about 5 years. http://gov.boynecity.com/government.phtml?catid=293
They've also held "street" races in Hillman Michigan on 4th of July weekend for even more years. It's real popular since there are no nearby dragstrips for most of northern and upper Michigan. Old muscle cars, street machines, trucks, bikes, snowmobiles and yes even a few ricers pair up to go down the 1/8th mile. The strip is an airport runway and the return road is a city street. It's pretty cool to see cars with open headers and slicks driving down a city street and all the police do is wave as you pass! Cool I haven't ran my car there, but I've gone to help a friend with his car at both of last years races.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Street racing in GA Empty I'm Divided

Post  511Fox March 19th 2010, 12:10 pm

I'm Divided, this has to be better than regular "Street Racing" but still is not the true cure.

More Drag Strips in more places is the cure.

They have been talking about building a Drag Strip near the Circle Track in Mansfield, Ohio for at least 3 years the EPA is holding it up.

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down