BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi

+9
Tony M
Nevs
res0rli9
Mark Miller
whatbumper
dfree383
jones
bruno
Turbotime
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi - Page 2 Empty Re: Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi

Post  Filucky December 26th 2010, 11:27 pm

Turbotime wrote:Around 9.25 and 30+. Run VP Q16 and Rossler 210 trans. Looking forward to next season.

Thanks, i'll be running my turbo deal at 9:1 cr and only about 10-15lbs. Hoping it will still make some pretty good hp.
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi - Page 2 Empty Re: Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi

Post  Turbotime December 27th 2010, 12:32 am

What type of car is it going into? Street or strip application? Are you going to use an intercooler? Any pic's? Just curious. Sound like whatever it is installed in, it should be quick!
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky December 27th 2010, 11:48 am

Turbotime wrote:What type of car is it going into? Street or strip application? Are you going to use an intercooler? Any pic's? Just curious. Sound like whatever it is installed in, it should be quick!

It will be going in my jetboat (in my avatar) and it will be a lake/river hotrod, mostly driving around @ 3000-3500rpm with an occational grudge race that will last about 7-8 seconds of full throttle. I want to run a water/meth injection setup for sure and i'm still debating on the IC. I want to keep it on 92 pumpgas, hoping the water/meth injection can help to boost the octane while cooling the IAT's.

Giuseppe Gentile Twin Turbo Hemi - Page 2 Fhgj011
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  jwall December 27th 2010, 12:23 pm

Turbotime wrote:Around 9.25 and 30+. Run VP Q16 and Rossler 210 trans. Looking forward to next season.
You guys sure have that thing hauling the mail for sure. Awesome car.
Good luck in the 2011 season.
Maybe I will talk to ya about your current trans/converter setup. I sure left a LOT of fluid on the track at the 2010 SCSN from the old glide.

jwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime December 28th 2010, 1:21 am

We like the Rossler 3 speed. We ran a glide for a while and found the 3 speed helped with tire shake and improved our 60 ft. times. Joe at Pro Torque has killer converters and his customer service is unreal! You may want to talk to him with regard to your requirements. The Rossler trans has been very reliable and their service is outstanding as well. Good luck with your combo! Let's keep the Blue Oval out front!!!
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime December 28th 2010, 1:29 am

Sounds like a great combo for a car or boat! My dad had a 110 mph flat bottom boat in 1970 and 100 mph scared the hell out of me! Well, i was only 9 or 10 at the time. He ran a 427 sideoiler with a stroker crank approx (454 CI) with a cross ram and (2) 780 Hollies. That is where I became a true blue guy. Good luck with your engine build and keep us posted on how it performs. Looks like a real nice boat!
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky December 28th 2010, 2:32 pm

Turbotime, what kind of rpm do you guys need to turn with the 548 and B441 heads to start making some good hp numbers, is it laggy down in the mid range rpm? I've had a few guys telling me the b441 heads on my 598 will not run very well under about 8000rpm even with the turbos. Question
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime December 28th 2010, 6:57 pm

We make good power everywhere. However, we are running Precission Promod 91mm turbos. No soft spots at all! We like to keep under 9K, but it wants to run higher. We have spun the motor 9.5k. If you can keep it between 7-8K your motor will live longer. What size turbo's are you running? Remember, mo boost less lag Very Happy
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  jwall December 28th 2010, 7:14 pm

Turbotime wrote:Sounds like a great combo for a car or boat! My dad had a 110 mph flat bottom boat in 1970 and 100 mph scared the hell out of me! Well, i was only 9 or 10 at the time. He ran a 427 sideoiler with a stroker crank approx (454 CI) with a cross ram and (2) 780 Hollies. That is where I became a true blue guy. Good luck with your engine build and keep us posted on how it performs. Looks like a real nice boat!
I didnt know you were a hard core Ford nut (I am as well).
Thats good stuff.
I will have to hollar at you if you are gonna be at the PSCA Vegas race in Feb. I'll be there running Outlaw 10.5 in that ugly black mustang.

jwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky December 28th 2010, 8:10 pm

Turbotime wrote:We make good power everywhere. However, we are running Precission Promod 91mm turbos. No soft spots at all! We like to keep under 9K, but it wants to run higher. We have spun the motor 9.5k. If you can keep it between 7-8K your motor will live longer. What size turbo's are you running? Remember, mo boost less lag Very Happy

I have a pair of BW s475's, but they will get the new style 88mm wheel and racecovers. I'm just wanting a good strong running pumpgas motor, for now. Very Happy What kind of hp do you think my combo might make on pumpgas? I'm hoping for about 15lbs of boost, 598 9:1 cr, B441 heads, C&S 1400 carb, water/meth injection at around 7000rpm.

Thanks, Dallas
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham December 28th 2010, 9:54 pm

jwall good save in vegas! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  jwall December 28th 2010, 9:57 pm

Darrin Gorham wrote:jwall good save in vegas! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks, glad I didnt hit the wall (got lucky).

jwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime December 29th 2010, 11:14 pm

Filucky wrote:
Turbotime wrote:We make good power everywhere. However, we are running Precission Promod 91mm turbos. No soft spots at all! We like to keep under 9K, but it wants to run higher. We have spun the motor 9.5k. If you can keep it between 7-8K your motor will live longer. What size turbo's are you running? Remember, mo boost less lag Very Happy

I have a pair of BW s475's, but they will get the new style 88mm wheel and racecovers. I'm just wanting a good strong running pumpgas motor, for now. Very Happy What kind of hp do you think my combo might make on pumpgas? I'm hoping for about 15lbs of boost, 598 9:1 cr, B441 heads, C&S 1400 carb, water/meth injection at around 7000rpm.

Thanks, Dallas

Too many variables, I assume the BW s475's are comparable with Precision 88's. However, with 15psi of boost, I would double the HP over what the motor would make if it were natural aspirated. Maybe a little under at 7K rpm depending on cam timing and ignition. No mater what, I am sure you will give the Bow Tie boys pleanty of trouble!
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime December 29th 2010, 11:28 pm

jwall wrote:
Turbotime wrote:Sounds like a great combo for a car or boat! My dad had a 110 mph flat bottom boat in 1970 and 100 mph scared the hell out of me! Well, i was only 9 or 10 at the time. He ran a 427 sideoiler with a stroker crank approx (454 CI) with a cross ram and (2) 780 Hollies. That is where I became a true blue guy. Good luck with your engine build and keep us posted on how it performs. Looks like a real nice boat!
I didnt know you were a hard core Ford nut (I am as well).
Thats good stuff.
I will have to hollar at you if you are gonna be at the PSCA Vegas race in Feb. I'll be there running Outlaw 10.5 in that ugly black mustang.

jwall, I've seen your car and it halls ass! Your car is not ugly either, it's a race car! Our entire team bleeds blue! We are usually so busy that we don't get much time to watch others run. It takes two hours to turn the car around between runs. We are planning to make the Feb race in Vegas, hope to see you there. Ask for Tom.
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky December 29th 2010, 11:35 pm

Turbotime wrote:

Too many variables, I assume the BW s475's are comparable with Precision 88's. However, with 15psi of boost, I would double the HP over what the motor would make if it were natural aspirated. Maybe a little under at 7K rpm depending on cam timing and ignition. No mater what, I am sure you will give the Bow Tie boys pleanty of trouble!

Thanks for the input, man i can't wait to get this thing back together and on the water. Very Happy
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 4th 2011, 1:42 am

Turbotime,

Nice little article on the car in the Rumors section in the February 2011 NMRA Race Pages.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Turbotime January 4th 2011, 11:24 pm

Thanks Mark,

Looking forward to Feb 18th - 20th. Season starts in Vegas. Going to try to put the FORD in the winners circle. Hopefully this year will be good to us. Race Pages have been good to us. All Ford all the time!
Turbotime
Turbotime

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 5th 2011, 12:49 am

Turbotime wrote:Thanks Mark,

Looking forward to Feb 18th - 20th. Season starts in Vegas. Going to try to put the FORD in the winners circle. Hopefully this year will be good to us. Race Pages have been good to us. All Ford all the time!

No problem keep us updated on how you guys do in 2011.

Thanks Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  andy April 6th 2011, 1:59 pm

Turbotime wrote:Thanks Mark,

pm sent

andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2