BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 mustang parking brake cable routing

2 posters

Go down

73 mustang parking brake cable routing Empty 73 mustang parking brake cable routing

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 10:09 am

does anyone have a diagram or even pictures of what the brackets and cable paths look like?
Apparently the previous owner removed them Mad
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

73 mustang parking brake cable routing Empty Re: 73 mustang parking brake cable routing

Post  CDMBill August 16th 2010, 3:46 pm

The brackets on my 71 are stamped steel l-shaped that attach inside the rear frame rail section just ahead of the access hole for the front leaf spring bolt. They appear similar to those used on 67-70 Mustangs. The cables route through horizontal slots created by a relieved flange under the seat pan of the floor board and the reinforcements that are spot welded in this area on my convertable. Non-convertables with not likely have that extra bracing. At the front they use a 5" or so long double hooked rod on the passenger side and then another stamped bracket that attaches to the actuator cable.

I see if I can figure out how to post a picture here or look under any 67-73 Mustang.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

73 mustang parking brake cable routing Empty Re: 73 mustang parking brake cable routing

Post  Maddmattmustangs September 6th 2010, 9:30 am

I could really use a picture, not many 71-73 mustangs here Sad
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down