BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

+10
DJOHAGIN
Mark Laczo
richter69
jones
BigBlockRanger
bruno
dfree383
ThndrChkn
Maddmattmustangs
The Mad Porter
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Empty Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 1:01 pm

After about a month of negotiations and R&D we are ready to let them out...

These Brand new castings Feature:

Completely revised and updated standard location exhaust port flowing 180 cfm as cast.
200 cfm with bowl blend
240 cfm with large valve and port work.

Hardened seat inserts on both intake and exhaust.
Additional material around exhaust port bolt hole bosses.
Additional material cast in above valve seats intake and exhaust.

95 cc combustion closed chamber.
Slotted oem style rocker pedestals accept stock rockers or aftermarket bolt down rockers.
Uses standard 26 autolite spark plug like the OEM version.
.380" thick deck. Can be milled down to 88 cc's.

OEM intake port configuration with additional cross section at pushrod pinch and short turn radii.

Castings were designed in the US and cast in china.

Flow rates with large valves and portwork will support 750 + HP in a max effort pulling or racing application which is class restricted to iron heads.
Ideal for propane or CNG use.
Suitable for HD and motor home / heavy towing use.

See link for more information...

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/RHPD3Index.html

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Rhpd3e10

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Rhpd3f11

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Rhpd3f12

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Rhpd3c11

cheers

Last edited by The Mad Porter on November 4th 2010, 3:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Empty Re: Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 1:25 pm

these look like stock heads right?

Im thinking maybe if they do i may get a set down the road to aid in pissing in some chebby pockets Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Empty Re: Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

Post  ThndrChkn April 6th 2010, 1:38 pm

WOW Scotty! That is totally cool! What price range are they in? These would be awesome for the street crusher I want to do for my son's truck. Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 1:41 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:these look like stock heads right?

Im thinking maybe if they do i may get a set down the road to aid in pissing in some chebby pockets Laughing

Yes they do. Would be hard for the average joe to tell any difference. Ends of heads are machined flat which is the largest difference compared to a stock head.

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 1:43 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:WOW Scotty! That is totally cool! What price range are they in? These would be awesome for the street crusher I want to do for my son's truck. Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool

Doug,

Check the link in the post.
Call me if needed.
I have a pair in the works to test on a dome pistoned 460 shortblock i have at the shop.
I really think these can outpower the Doves simply due to the much better exhaust port design...

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 1:48 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:these look like stock heads right?

Yes they do. Would be hard for the average joe to tell any difference. Ends of heads are machined flat which is the largest difference compared to a stock head.

Cool

You think it would be possible to tool the ends to match the same shape as stock heads?
Im very very good with a grinder Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 1:49 pm

Wow, Scott thats and expensive set of D3's ???? The replacement Fuelies only go for about $650 on Ebay with stock type components??? Why so Expensive??
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 1:50 pm

dfree383 wrote:Wow, Scott thats and expensive set of D3's ???? The replacement Fuelies only go for about $650 on Ebay with stock type components??? Why so Expensive??

I think there all new castings.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 1:52 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-FORD-460-7-5-MARINE-MOTORHOME-RV-CYLINDER-HEADS_W0QQitemZ150407993647QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item230503d92f
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 6th 2010, 1:54 pm

dfree383 wrote:Wow, Scott thats and expensive set of D3's ???? The replacement Fuelies only go for about $650 on Ebay with stock type components??? Why so Expensive??

i dont want to start a pissing match here but i would say that is a great deal for such a specialty head ..... its about preceived value .... and especially the r&d (tooling, cores, design type of iron etc...)that has gone into theses pieces i would say that is pretty cheap !!!! i mean shit for the truck pullers that have class rules these suckers are gonna rock !!!! id say a hugh bang for the buck ......

great job Scotty !!!

later Nick

Last edited by bruno on April 6th 2010, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content and spelling)

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 2:42 pm

bruno wrote:

i dont want to start a pissing match here but i would say that is a great deal for such a specialty head ..... its about precieved value .... and ecspecially the r&d that has gone into theses pieces i would say that is pretty cheap !!!! i mean shit for the truck pullers that have class rules these suckers are gonna rock !!!! id say a hugh bang for the buck ......

great job Scotty !!!

later Nick

First off thanxxx Bruno.

Secondly i'm not going to get into a pissing match with Mr. Freelander and his agenda. These are not replacement F3 castings produced in the multiple thousands, they are an updated D3 with hard seats both intake and exhaust and will be outfitted by me with good quality valves and springs in every stage. Have you all ever seen the quality of the machine work and parts in those cheap replacement castings???

Given my costs in procuring the castings and what it cost just to tool up, manufacture and ship them to the us i think the cost is very reasonable given the product and the unique niche it fills. I was not able to find any new D3 style heads anywhere at any price... The owner of the tooling shared all of the information with regard to his costs.

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 2:46 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:[color=darkblue]Flow rates with large valves and portwork will support 750 + HP in a max effort pulling or racing application which is class restricted to iron heads.

So in a round about way you saying the heads will support almost as much motor as a P-51??? Please Clarify for me, I'm curious. Shocked
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger April 6th 2010, 2:55 pm

Interesting product.

I just wondered if you went to all the trouble to change the exhaust port, why didn't you improve the chamber as well?

Just curious. Hope you sell a ton of 'em. Good luck.

Smile
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 3:32 pm

dfree383 wrote:
The Mad Porter wrote:[color=darkblue]Flow rates with large valves and portwork will support 750 + HP in a max effort pulling or racing application which is class restricted to iron heads.

So in a round about way you saying the heads will support almost as much motor as a P-51??? Please Clarify for me, I'm curious. Shocked

WTF Freelander???

Do not try to put words in my mouth or impugn my integrity because we have a personal beef!!! You are not curious nor do you need clarification. The HP that P-51's will support is well documented. 750 is not almost as much as 950 HP???

I said nothing about supporting X amount of motor. I simply stated that given the much improved exhaust port and intake flow rates as tested there is X amount of HP potential. I have dyno sheets of D0VE heads making 729 HP at 7200 rpm at 472 inches with not enough exhaust port. It has been well documented that fully worked iron passenger car heads will support 730 to 750 HP in a max effort application. Given the much improved exhaust port 20 to 30 additional HP seems reasonable and conservative to me.

I have refrained from talking about our personal feud online and the fact that i am suing you for breach of contract.
Why do you insist on baiting me like a gosh damned butthurt teenager? Why dont you behave like a adult Mr. Freelander?

Do not try and rain on my parade.. YOU DIG???

Shocked

Last edited by The Mad Porter on April 6th 2010, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 3:37 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:Interesting product.

I just wondered if you went to all the trouble to change the exhaust port, why didn't you improve the chamber as well?

Just curious. Hope you sell a ton of 'em. Good luck.

Smile

I did not personally participate in the improvements made to these castings.
We just took a close look at them, did the R&D and found them very suitable for performance use...

Smile
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 3:49 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

WTF Freelander???

Do not try to put words in my mouth or impugn my integrity because we have a personal beef!!! You are not curious nor do you need clarification. The HP that P-51's will support is well documented. 750 is not almost as much as 950 HP???

I said nothing about supporting X amount of motor. I simply stated that given the much improved exhaust port and intake flow rates as tested there is X amount of HP potential. I have dyno sheets of D0VE heads making 729 HP at 7200 rpm at 472 inches with not enough exhaust port. It has been well documented that fully worked iron passenger car heads will support 730 to 750 HP in a max effort application. Given the much improved exhaust port 20 to 30 additional HP seems reasonable and conservative to me.

I have refrained from talking about our personal feud online and the fact that i am suing you for breach of contract.
Why do you insist on baiting me like a gosh damned butthurt teenager? Why dont you behave like a man Mr. Freelander?

Do not try and rain on my parade.. YOU DIG???

Shocked

If you don't want to answer the question posed thats fine, I understand, but to get so personal when questioned? You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder when someone questions you.

So in other words......Get your panties out of the Bunch Princess.......YOU DIG?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones April 6th 2010, 4:31 pm

Could ya'll two Chill?

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger April 6th 2010, 5:47 pm

Yeah, it's one big family over here. l-m-a-o Rolling Eyes
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  jones April 6th 2010, 6:00 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:Yeah, it's one big family over here. l-m-a-o Rolling Eyes

I don't know about your family but it seems alot like mine!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 6th 2010, 6:56 pm

some diversity is good for a relationship................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 8:01 pm

Scott, one more Question, if you don't mind....... What state are these new heads cast in? Or country?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl Empty New Heads

Post  Mark Laczo April 6th 2010, 10:15 pm

Scotty,

Good job on the heads, those will be viable option for any that are thinking of spending money on upgrading on the older factory heads and want a little more potential. Costs seems reasonable to me for the fully ported version.

Some of you guys really need to price out the cost to redo a stock set of heads. Have you ever paid a mediocre shop to R&R heads before ? If you own the heads and have to do the guides, seats, valves and all the machining your looking at anywhere from $1100 - $1300 dollars. If you have to buy cores then add that on. Porting is $600-700. Add it up. Or buy that Ebay head for $650 then add another $1300, what does that give you ? For less flow and HP potential, you saved a $100-200. Rolling Eyes

I probably got 12-14 sets of D3 heads anybody want to buy them all for $100/set. You can then port them, R&R them, & sell them for $650/set and make some big money. Then I can get me some of these new iron heads. Razz

Later Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN April 6th 2010, 10:30 pm

You're losing it, Dfree. You need to get your head out of your ass and look around. You don't offer anything for the BBF, and yet you seem to think you can out-answer, out-wit, or somehow come out on top of the individuals who do offer items and services. You post up some ebay heads? That is your retort? You start talking about P51 heads? WTF???

Also, the cat is out of the bag for the individual that you are. People may take your money, but you're a piece of shit. You're trying to make other people look like shit, when the truth is you are the shit.

Snap out of it, and wake up.

And before you retort, I am trying to contribute to make you a better person. You can either listen and learn, or make yourself look even more stupid. You owe Scott an apology for the things you have posted in this thread, and to make things right with him. You are among men here, and you will be judged among them.

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 7th 2010, 10:26 am

DJOHAGIN wrote:You're losing it, Dfree. You need to get your head out of your ass and look around. You don't offer anything for the BBF, and yet you seem to think you can out-answer, out-wit, or somehow come out on top of the individuals who do offer items and services. You post up some ebay heads? That is your retort? You start talking about P51 heads? WTF???

Also, the cat is out of the bag for the individual that you are. People may take your money, but you're a piece of shit. You're trying to make other people look like shit, when the truth is you are the shit.

Snap out of it, and wake up.

And before you retort, I am trying to contribute to make you a better person. You can either listen and learn, or make yourself look even more stupid. You owe Scott an apology for the things you have posted in this thread, and to make things right with him. You are among men here, and you will be judged among them.

Dave

I think he was getting at the part were the exhaust ports flow almost as much as the P-51's.
Anyway very nice head cheers
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 April 7th 2010, 10:50 am

actually matt i think this has surprisingly little to do with cylinder heads. its a pissing match between two people who hate each other in the real world. there wouldnt be near as much negativity directed at these cylinder heads by a certain member if they had been brought to market by someone else.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next