BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed?

+5
David Cole
bruno
342g
richter69
Treeyasoon
9 posters

Go down

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? Empty Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed?

Post  Treeyasoon April 11th 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm curious to see the oil filter area and/or side mounts (if you run them). Is an oil filter relocation gonna be necessary?
Thanks,
Jeff
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? Empty Re: Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed?

Post  richter69 April 11th 2010, 11:40 pm

well I aint got one...............but plan on doing a pan here soon.

Got one for the smallblock and it fits like hell......not even sure I'm gonna put it on that slow pos lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? Empty Re: Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed?

Post  342g April 12th 2010, 12:08 am

I have one on mine, it works just fine, it is a little tight at the filter, but it will work, usually takes two to change oil. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 12th 2010, 11:50 am

342g wrote:I have one on mine, it works just fine, it is a little tight at the filter, but it will work, usually takes two to change oil. Laughing
Do you have any pics of it Harold?
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 12th 2010, 11:59 am

Keith Sherry had some pics of his somewhere i will see if i can find them

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 12th 2010, 12:44 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
342g wrote:I have one on mine, it works just fine, it is a little tight at the filter, but it will work, usually takes two to change oil. Laughing

No, I don't, if I did I wouldn't know how to post them. Laughing

Call DRE. tell them what pan you have, they make it fit right, they even used fire proof material on my sides, because they are so close to my headers, wasn't bad price wise either.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 12th 2010, 12:57 pm

342g wrote:
Treeyasoon wrote:

No, I don't, if I did I wouldn't know how to post them. Laughing

Call DRE. tell them what pan you have, they make it fit right, they even used fire proof material on my sides, because they are so close to my headers, wasn't bad price wise either.
I just got off the phone with Dennis...I bought one of his diapers last week but, I need to have him make some modifications to it. I was just wanting to see how some other ones fit before I start marking and cutting it. I guess it is fear of the "unknown" that has me worried...lol.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't worry...I've F-ed up things that cost more than this diaper does. Embarassed Shocked
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole April 12th 2010, 4:13 pm

I've got a DRE universal diaper on my dragster. I'm using a Moroso 20614 flat bottom pan. I'm sure the diaper would fit a Moroso or Canton fox body pan. It would just be a little loose in the middle with the gap between the front and rear sump. I have a remote oil filter deal, but the diaper does not cover the oil filter pad where my adapter goes. A regular filter would fit. I see no reason the diaper woudl not work with motor mounts. It comes up on the sides just above the pan. It does not cover the sides of the block where the mount holes are.

If you do need to make a hole in the diaper for a dipstick, etc. just use a soldering iron. It will melt a neat round hole with the edges sealed for no fraying.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 13th 2010, 10:29 pm

David Cole wrote:I have a remote oil filter deal, but the diaper does not cover the oil filter pad where my adapter goes. A regular filter would fit. I see no reason the diaper woudl not work with motor mounts. It comes up on the sides just above the pan. It does not cover the sides of the block where the mount holes are.
Have you ever had any issues with Tech? Reason I ask is, the Rule Book says "within 1" of the head mating surface"...I know how "Tech" guys can be from time to time.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 13th 2010, 10:33 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
David Cole wrote:I have a remote oil filter deal, but the diaper does not cover the oil filter pad where my adapter goes. A regular filter would fit. I see no reason the diaper woudl not work with motor mounts. It comes up on the sides just above the pan. It does not cover the sides of the block where the mount holes are.
Have you ever had any issues with Tech? Reason I ask is, the Rule Book says "within 1" of the head mating surface"...I know how "Tech" guys can be from time to time.

Tech around here is I fill the card out and my brother takes it to the tower.............

Only time I ever had any of the SFI certs looked at other than belts was at a divisional race.....what a PITA that was. bounce
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 13th 2010, 10:35 pm

I'm planning on running some Divisionals...that is why I want to get it right the first time.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 13th 2010, 10:38 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:I'm planning on running some Divisionals...that is why I want to get it right the first time.

I hear ya, next time the motor is out I'll either take the block and pan etc and get Bob at Stoud to make me a custom deal. This smallblock unit which I think is a DRE fits like ass............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg April 14th 2010, 7:29 am

I couldn’t get my blanket to fit nice and snug like I wanted so I just moved my filter to the front plate.Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? IMG_0200
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 14th 2010, 8:45 am

valleydawg wrote:I couldn’t get my blanket to fit nice and snug like I wanted so I just moved my filter to the front plate.
I'm afraid I might have the same issue...what relocation kit did you use?
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 14th 2010, 9:17 am

here is the one Bruce Sherry got done .... its super nice .... i hope Mr. Sherry doesnt mind me posting these pics

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? 100_0089

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? 100_0088

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? 100_0084-1

Does anyone have pics of their engine diapers installed? 100_0092

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 April 14th 2010, 9:39 am

Bruno is there any way I can get some printable versions of those pictures. When I try to print this thread the pictures don't show scratch Thanks
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb April 14th 2010, 12:00 pm

[quote="bruno"]here is the one Bruce Sherry got done .... its super nice .... i hope Mr. Sherry doesnt mind me posting these pics

Who made this diaper? That is a nice job.
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF April 14th 2010, 12:05 pm

Team Sherry's diaper Is bad azz son!!
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 14th 2010, 12:57 pm

[quote="jmayabb"]
bruno wrote:here is the one Bruce Sherry got done .... its super nice .... i hope Mr. Sherry doesnt mind me posting these pics

Who made this diaper? That is a nice job.

It's a racekraft.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 14th 2010, 1:37 pm

jmayabb wrote:Who made this diaper? That is a nice job.
That is a DRE piece...I'm gonna call Dennis and see if he kept the specs from this one...it would fit my junk perfect.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 14th 2010, 2:04 pm

correct its from DRE and was custom per Keith/Bruce's specifications Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon April 14th 2010, 3:03 pm

Thanks for posting those pics Bruno...I appreciate it.
Jeff
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down