BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford

3 posters

Go down

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford Empty Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford

Post  Gideon May 9th 2010, 12:48 pm

A friend of mine is running a 351Cleveland engine with a stroker crank in an AC Cobra. This engine revs up to 7000rpm or more and in the beginning he had oil supply problems to the rear bearings.As far as I know he installed the restrictor plugs recommended for the Cleveland engines. He also routed oil from the front oil supply system directly to the oil pressure gauge outlet on the rear of the engine to supply oil directly to the rear bearings.
Will this work for the Turbocharged 429 engine as well ?? Should the oil be supplied from a fitting into the block or from the main oil supply line through an outlet on the remote oil filter adaptor.
Oil to the tubochargers is at the moment supplied from the rear outlet for the oil pressure gauge and the oil pressure gauge line are connected with a t -piece fitting.
If I feed the rear main bearings and turbochargers from this line will it affect the main oil pressure supply to the front of the engine.?? I am using a high volume oil pump and a baffled rear oil pickup sump.
Reading the topic of Kaase on oil pressure problems was very interesting
Gideon
Gideon

Back to top Go down

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford Empty Re: Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford

Post  Paul Kane May 9th 2010, 1:30 pm

Plumbing an external oil line from the front of the block to the rear pressure port at the rear of the block will complete a loop indeed, but the oiling sytsem between the Clevo and the 385 are slightly different and the reason for the external line originates with the Clevo and it's oiling system (and thereby the necessity to get oil to the rear mains).

Some builders like the external line on the 460, figuring it can't hurt. My personal opinion is that it is not neccessary in most cases. Nor are the camshaft bearing restrictors. Start by looking at the oiling system mods as outlined on the Technical Pages of our website (accessible under "Performance Block Prep"). They will help keep the oil replenished at the points where it is being bled off inside the engine. With a high oil temp twin turbo 460 in a marine application (pic in your avatar), I think the HV pump is defintitely the way to go.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford Empty Re: Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford

Post  rwyyattb May 9th 2010, 1:55 pm

hey gideon, lets see the boat in your avatar

rwyyattb

Back to top Go down

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford Empty Oil System modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford

Post  Gideon May 9th 2010, 3:05 pm

Thanks for the advice Paul . I will visit your website for this information ASAP. I already saw your modifications for draining the oil.
Gideon
Gideon

Back to top Go down

Oil system modification Twin turbo 429 BB Ford Empty Oil system modification for Twin Turbo 429 BB Ford

Post  Gideon May 9th 2010, 3:15 pm

Hallo rwyyatb. Adam ( Blown86hallet ) kindly posted some pictures of my Twin Turbo 429BB Ford in a Hallet in the GENERAL DISCUSSION Section of this forum under the title " Ford Racing in South Africa "
Please look for it there.I will post some more pictures soon.
Gideon
Gideon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down